pre-sales question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-sales question

I am currently using phpbb and have some questions about vbulletin.

1. How hard/easy is it to modify the look and feel of it? Does it use editable templates like phpbb? Mostly I want to color match the page, and take off any headers/graphics at the top (the forum sits in a frame).

2. Is there a blog plugin or mod for vbulletin? I really want to post articles and show them on their own page. And, I'd like to offer the journaling aspects of blogging to my users. If it could readily tie into another blog system, such as wordpress - that too would be perfect.

3. Is there a mailing list option within vbulliten? I would like to offer registered users the option of receiving periodic newsletters.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

1. Very easy, vbulletin probably has one of hte easiest templates and css systems around. Try otu the admin demo to get a feel for it yourself but yeah, you can do all that.

2. There is a journal plug in, a few different bridges for wordpress and some other blogs and a cms hack that will show posts from a specific forum up on your main page as news (which has its own template you can edit).

3. You can send out email by default but there is a great newsletter plugin called commbull.

You can see alot of these at www.vbulletin.org.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

This is great, thank you.

I just came across some some references to drupal and vb drupal.

Do you have any experience or opinions on these?

At first glance, this would seem to be a good solution. But, I have no experience with any of this.

Comment

I've heard alot of good things with vb Drupal, but I've never used it. I do use vB Journal, and it's a really great hack....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X