X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorrit787
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Something is clearly not correct with your MySQL and/or PHP installations. Also why are you installing PHP 4.3.7 instead of 4.4.1? Your version has a security issue.
    4.3.7 was already installed before I started working with this server. I guess I will upgrade to PHP 4.4.1 and see if that solves the issue.

EDIT: I got it to work by running the SET PASSWORD FOR command, as described in the MySql manual.
    Last edited by Jorrit787; Fri 16 Dec '05, 8:11pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Something is clearly not correct with your MySQL and/or PHP installations. Also why are you installing PHP 4.3.7 instead of 4.4.1? Your version has a security issue.

Leave a comment:

• Jorrit787
    started a topic Setup MySql 5 for vB installation

Setup MySql 5 for vB installation

I am preparing a Windows 2000 server for an install of vBulletin. I think I installed MySql Server 5.0 correctly, but when I try to run the vb_test.php script, it tells me:

Warning
    : mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Inetpub\Client\extremegossip.com\vb_test.php on line 113

I looked in the MySql Reference Manual here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html and the way I read it, that error should only affect MySql Server 4.1 and lower. My PHP test passed, PHP version 4.3.7 .

Can anyone help me?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X