Setup MySql 5 for vB installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup MySql 5 for vB installation

I am preparing a Windows 2000 server for an install of vBulletin. I think I installed MySql Server 5.0 correctly, but when I try to run the vb_test.php script, it tells me:

Warning
    : mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Inetpub\Client\extremegossip.com\vb_test.php on line 113

I looked in the MySql Reference Manual here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html and the way I read it, that error should only affect MySql Server 4.1 and lower. My PHP test passed, PHP version 4.3.7 .

Can anyone help me?
    EverythingKMC - A forum for the Kaiserslautern Military Community :cool:
    GermanDriversLicense.com

Something is clearly not correct with your MySQL and/or PHP installations. Also why are you installing PHP 4.3.7 instead of 4.4.1? Your version has a security issue.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Something is clearly not correct with your MySQL and/or PHP installations. Also why are you installing PHP 4.3.7 instead of 4.4.1? Your version has a security issue.
      4.3.7 was already installed before I started working with this server. I guess I will upgrade to PHP 4.4.1 and see if that solves the issue.

EDIT: I got it to work by running the SET PASSWORD FOR command, as described in the MySql manual.
      Last edited by Jorrit787; Fri 16 Dec '05, 8:11pm.
      EverythingKMC - A forum for the Kaiserslautern Military Community :cool:
      GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X