Vbulletin Professional Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Professional Installation

As I was looking over the pricing and ordering of a Vbulletin, I came across the Professional Installation as would anyone else. Now the first question that popped into my mind was, "What exactly does the installation cover?" Also, I came to wonder if I still need to provide the web host and how I was going to get my domain, email, and other sort of things like that that is required to do in the manual installation.
    Now, I just wanted to make sure what this covered before I take any action in purchasing a vbulletin. I will be expecting an anwser here soon. Please, take the time to notify me of this.

Matt

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for contacting vBulletin Sales.

You can order the professional installation during your purchase, or after. Whenever you need it. This might be handy. You could try to do the installation yourself first. The costs are $135 for a professional installation, done by one of our trained staff.

This is how it will happen. You order the installation, we confirm the payment and email you a worksheet to fill in. Once we receive the details (mysql server details, ftp details, and url where to install it) one of our staff will assign it and complete it as soon as possible.

This means one of our staff will login to your ftp server and upload the files, then setup the configuration file and do a full first time installation of the vBulletin forum software. Setup the settings and an administrator account.

Once the installation is completed you will be notified of the installed URL and of the URL to the administrator control panel. And of the admin user/pass.

You can then login to your fresh installation and setup the categories and forums that you require to have. There is one main forum already installed, so as admin you can immediatly present a forum to your visitors and post in it. Of course you can modify this forum.

We're looking forward to your purchase and please let me know if you require any further information.

All the best,

Comment

This helps quite a bit. Thank you alot.

Matt

Comment

Glad to hear that, good luck with everything.

Comment

Also, another question I have, that might sound a bit weird. What exactly is the ftp server?

Matt

Comment

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=FTP (definition of FTP)

It's basically a centralized location where you can manage (upload/download/delete/copy/chmod files, create/edit/dlete folders) everything that concerns the file system on your system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X