WowBB 1.65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WowBB 1.65

Is WowBB 1.65 convertible to vB without much trouble?

Thanks

WowBB 1.63 is supported. I can't vouch for wowBB 1.65 though:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tier_2
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Once 1.65 is ready, I'm in - or can I risk the 1.63 conversion?

Comment

Actually Jerry will be able to update the import script if it doesn't work with the older version.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Make a backup of your database as it stands and attempt the converson with the 1.64 IMPEX converter. If the conversion works, you're golden, if not then Jerry (as above) should be able to further help you out.

Comment

I will be attempting this very shortly as I am trying to get my hosting Co. to help with the backup.

Is someone around today for support? Obviously I'd want as little downtime as possible.

Quick question: Is this wowbb comparison still current? http://www.wowbb.com/compare.php

Oh, and it looks like Jerry doesn't accept PM's or email ??

Thanks!
            Last edited by tsptom; Mon 26 Dec '05, 12:19pm.

Comment

All you can do is try. If the import script needs updating then you will need to wait for Jerry to be available to do this. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee this will be today.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tsptom
                Is WowBB 1.65 convertible to vB without much trouble?

Thanks
                Please inform me also when this is possible! I want to switch over to Vbulletin from Wowbb 1.65

Comment

Originally posted by valen1
                  Please inform me also when this is possible! I want to switch over to Vbulletin from Wowbb 1.65
                  Want to buy my license... if that is possible? I'll give you a fair deal. I just bought about a week ago and I may not use it.

It seems that the conversion will work with enough effort, but it has been too much of a headache for me so far. My patience is limited in my old age and I'm not the most tech savvy person so I've been thinking that WowBB will be good enough for me. Reading through this board looking for help and answers, it seems like the problems are endless. But of course there are a lot of hacks being attempted. I like the look and many of the features of vB but I think I made a mistake trying to convert. After almost 2 years without any real trouble with Wowbb, it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm sure this is a great board but I don't have the time to deal with it. And that's not vB's fault. Just a personal thing. I'll give it another shot and if it doesn't work, it will be available.
                  Last edited by tsptom; Sun 1 Jan '06, 4:10pm.

Comment

Errr...

I worked on this most of the day and am now having success with the import, making adjustments, and updates.

I wouldn't want to go through this again (although it's probably easier the 2nd time) but it may be worth the trouble. This is a very versatile board.

Thanks
                    Last edited by tsptom; Mon 2 Jan '06, 9:11am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X