Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin transfer

Hi

This should be obvious for some, but want to explicitly ask.

I purchase vbulletin and install it on Site A. (somedomain.com) . Later I decide to shut down this site but use vbulletion for Site B ( somedomain2.com) . Is this allowed with one license ?

As long of all traces of vBulletin in SiteA is gone, and your license is considered Active, yes.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I've recently done something similar. All you have to do is change SiteA to SiteB in your member's area. And of course take VBulletin off of SiteA.

Comment

To veterans this may sound like a crazy question (but only used to dealing with free forums and never had a host before) Once i buy my host first then buy vb how do i get vb to connect with my host??

Comment

You don't. vBulletin.com has no association or communication with your web host. Everything needed to run your forum is contained in the 150 or so PHP files that make up vBulletin and the MySQL database which contains all your forum postings, data, etc.

To get vBulletin on your website, you download the source files and upload them to a folder on your website, usually /forums. Then you create a MySQL database using one of the control panel tools (2 clicks, some typing, and you're done). Then you edit a configuration file and upload that and vB starts using that database.

vBulletin license agreement does require you to have your website URL in your member details here on vbulletin.com purely for verification purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
            Y
            vBulletin license agreement does require you to have your website URL in your member details here on vbulletin.com purely for verification purposes.
            I have my website url but i ipb won't let me have my files... so all my members have to re-sign up agian on the vb forum. Will that be a problem?

Comment

If you have an InvisionFree forum, you can go to this undocumented website where you can buy a copy of your IF database which can be imported into vBulletin.

Otherwise, you are starting from 0.

(Continued from this thread)
              Last edited by feldon23; Wed 14 Dec '05, 3:03pm.

Comment

If you have an InvisionFree forum, you can go to this undocumented website where you can buy a copy of your IF database which can be imported into vBulletin.

Otherwise, you are starting from 0.

(Continued from this thread)
                I discussed the possibilty of starting at 0 with my members, if i did start from 0 would that be a problem in terms of vb. I just want to move my domain to my new host and purchase vb, my vb board will have the same theme as the one i have with invisonfree. I have my url, but agian if i don't have member detail would that be a problem.

Comment

I had rented a doamin from a buddy, and installed VB there under myname. He didnt pay the bill, and the domain was suspended. Since I purchased VB liceanse, can i tracsfer to new domain? If so, (which I pray to all that is Holy), what do I need to do to apply the domain change?

Comment

Originally posted by The Charmer
                    I discussed the possibilty of starting at 0 with my members, if i did start from 0 would that be a problem in terms of vb. I just want to move my domain to my new host and purchase vb, my vb board will have the same theme as the one i have with invisonfree. I have my url, but agian if i don't have member detail would that be a problem.
                    This should be my last pre-sale support question

Comment

Originally posted by djlotus
                      I had rented a doamin from a buddy, and installed VB there under myname. He didnt pay the bill, and the domain was suspended. Since I purchased VB liceanse, can i tracsfer to new domain? If so, (which I pray to all that is Holy), what do I need to do to apply the domain change?
                      Please start a new thread for your issue. And since you have purchased vBulletin, please associate your forum account with your Customer Account so you can post in the appropriate forum (Troubleshooting). The Member's Area is where you edit the license to point to whichever domain your forum is running.

Comment

Originally posted by The Charmer
                        If you can't import anything from invisionfree, then you're talking about a fresh install of vBulletin. No problems I can forsee other than users taking advantage of the situation and registering with other people's names before the original owners can.

Comment

No problems I can forsee other than users taking advantage of the situation and registering with other people's names before the original owners can.
                          I don't have many members yet on my forum yet, one reason is because i was running on a subdomain for some months. I don't have people like that though

Comment

it looks like from the link, that i can't import anything because i'm leaving ipb/invisionfree altogether, it looks like it allows transfers between its own product. So that will do me no good. I still will have to start fresh no matter what.

Comment

They give you an InvisionFree MySQL database dump to do with what you will.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X