Importing from Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing from Access

I have a forum creating with access I have exported the csv and I get the following headers.
    ParentMessage
    ThreadParent
    AuthorName
    AuthorEmail
    comments
    Topic

Would it be possible to get this transfered into Vbulletin, do not want to buy untill I can be sure it will work

It is possible, but you're going to have to develop your own importer so data will be imported.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Well to be honest I was looking at phpbb, but thought that Vulletin would have the solutions available.
      So with that in mind I would be jut a well to create the importer for that in that case, unless anyone could tell me it would be easier with Vbulletin

Comment

Originally posted by timboellis
        Well to be honest I was looking at phpbb, but thought that Vulletin would have the solutions available.
        So with that in mind I would be jut a well to create the importer for that in that case, unless anyone could tell me it would be easier with Vbulletin
        vBulletin does have solutions for importing. It's called Impex. However from your earlier description, I assumed you were running an proprietary system you developed and hence why I said you would need to develop your own importer.

However if you are coming off of a solution like phpBB, importers are readily available for your use .

Details about Impex can be found at: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

List of importers and what they can import can be found at:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_systems
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The system I used previously was a self made ASP, Access

Comment

Originally posted by timboellis
            The system I used previously was a self made ASP, Access
            I was afraid of that. Since it's proprietary system, no official importer would be available for you to convert the data over. Most likely you'll need to write your own.

Comment

ImpEx does support importing CSV filess. I suggest you have a look in the vB3.5 Import System forum.
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

Working...
              X