• 5 Pre-purchase Queries

Hello! I wanted to buy an Owned License. But I have five major
    requirements. If they are fulfilled I will go ahead with the purchase
    immediately.

(1) I want to use vBulletin with the FlashBB flash interface. The FlashBB
    interface site is at
    http://tufat.com/s_flash_bulletin_bo..._vbulletin.htm and a demo to
    the FlashBB interface vBulletin forum can be found at http://
    www.tufat.com/phpBB2/flashbb/index.html . The FlashBB flash interface has 1.1.5 which works with vBulletin 3.5.1. My specific requirement is that
    I will have a few imported forums which will be moderated where every
    post will require approval. I want that even when a forum member tries
    to post a reply or a new topic to these moderated forums through the
    FlashBB interface through vBulletin, it should be held for approval and
    moderation just like when someone posts directly from the vBulletin
    normal interface. I asked this question to Mr. Darren Gates, the
    developer of the FlashBB interface for vBulletin and I did not reply any
    satisfactory reply infact the reply was negative that the vBulletin moderation feature does not work with FlashBB. But I can only buy vBulletin if your hold for approval and moderation feature works for all the posts and threads posted through the FlashBB interface also. There is no working demo available at your site to download and test this moderation feature with the latest FlashBB 1.1.5, so I am not able to to know whether it works or not. I need a clear answer on this requirement. Maybe you can check it at your end by installing the FlashBB interface for some demo forum and send me the link if possible to see if the vBulletin moderation feature works
    through the FlashBB interface. If not, I would kindly request you to
    make it work by talking with Mr. Darren Gates of Tufat.com who is maker
    of FlashBB. I will then become your customer without delay.

(2) I would also need to completely switch off the private messaging in vBulletin. I want it to remain off in the FlashBB interface also.

(3) I need an importer from FUDforum (http://fudforum.org) which I am
    using presently. I saw on your forum that the importer can be found at
    this thread but when I go there I get a message that the importer does
    not exist. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102412 . Is it
    available and if yes then what is the link?

(4) I would not like any forum member or non-member to see any contact
    details of my forum members like email, chat etc and should not be able
    to send direct messages to any of them in any of these ways.

(5) I want an option for forum members to receive the full posts by email
    when they subscribe to a forum not just notifications and also the RSS feed should show the full posts not just post titles.

Awaiting your reply,
    With regards.

(1) I want to use vBulletin with the FlashBB flash interface. The FlashBB
    interface site is at .....

Jelsoft does not give support for third party enhancements or modifications or add-ons. You need to consult the maker of the FlashBB interface about this. (btw I use Flashchat also made by Darren and he responds pretty well, he does have alot on his hands so I would just suggest the feature ).

(2) I would also need to completely switch off the private messaging in vBulletin. I want it to remain off in the FlashBB interface also.

Again, Jelsoft does not supply support for third party...anything . You can deactivate private messages completely no worries about that on the VB side. For the FlashBB side you may just need to edit the swf file.

(3) I need an importer from FUDforum...

Once you are a customer you can download a program called Impex. Impex includes a very large amount of importers, options, etc. It makes transferring your old forum very simple. fudforum 2.x is currently supported in Impex, which seems to be the latest release series so you will be fine.

(4) I would not like any forum member or non-member to see any contact
    details of my forum members like email, chat etc and should not be able
    to send direct messages to any of them in any of these ways.

Seems a bit harsh to censer everything but it is understandable. Simply turn off the ability via usergroup permissions and options (view profile, can send E-mail, etc).

(5) I want an option for forum members to receive the full posts by email
    when they subscribe to a forum not just notifications and also the RSS feed should show the full posts not just post titles.

The first option as far as I can see is already implemented within E-mails. I may be wrong I simply looked at the phrase I don't use subscriptions combined with E-mail, however it seems like VB should do this, then again don't take my word for it maybe someone can confirm . As for RSS yes it only will show the title and a link to read further. If you become a customer you can stick that up in Feature Suggestions and it is very likely several others will also take to the idea.

For anything listed here there are also downloadable plugins available at vbulletin.org. You can also request a good coder to make a few things for the community, or pay a coder. I hope these answers can help you out .
    Last edited by Mr_Bob; Wed 7 Dec '05, 5:39pm.

Comment

Kind request

Originally posted by Mr_Bob
      Jelsoft does not give support for third party enhancements or modifications or add-ons. You need to consult the maker of the FlashBB interface about this. (btw I use Flashchat also made by Darren and he responds pretty well, he does have alot on his hands so I would just suggest the feature ).You can deactivate private messages completely no worries about that on the VB side. For the FlashBB side you may just need to edit the swf file.
      Thanks Mr_Bob for the reply. Yes, Darren is quite busy and I will not be able to buy vBulletin if this vB moderation feature is not supported in the FlashBB interface. Since you aleady have FlashBB installed, is it possible that you can help me out, and test out by making a demo temporary forum with the option of posting only after approval and see if the posting also becomes moderated in the FlashBB interface and whether private messaging is disabled in FlashBB when I disable it in vB. I guess that will be the only way for me to take a decision and your kind help will be much appreciated.

Comment

Where did he say he has FlashBB installed?

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
          Where did he say he has FlashBB installed?
          Originally posted by Mr_Bob
          Jelsoft does not give support for third party enhancements or modifications or add-ons. You need to consult the maker of the FlashBB interface about this. (btw I use Flashchat also made by Darren and he responds pretty well, he does have alot on his hands so I would just suggest the feature ).
          I have FlashChat installed and integrated, not FlashBB.. You can probably post up the question at Tufat's support forum in the FlashBB area. I would make the assumption that the thread/post would not be displayed until approved and there are many ways to approve posts/threads (from both admin and mod panels and thread view) so that shouldn't be a problem approving them .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X