Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want To Buy, But Need Questions Answered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Buy, But Need Questions Answered?

Hi, i curently run a forum with 3000 + members.

its currently run on phpbb and i would like to move to VB

however im not fully understanding how VB works in terms of hacks and moving from phpbb etc.

If i purchase a lifetime license do i get access to any hacks? where is the hack source?

is phpbb able to convert to VB?

the hacks i need on my board and have to no these work before i purchase are.

Vportal
    Photo gallery
    Hide Hack
    Arcade
    Store
    Cash
    Bookies
    Paid Subscribers

Can anyone tell me if these hacks work, and how or if im able to access them with a full license? or will i have to pay extra for hacks?

Thanks in advance

You'll want to investigate the various Plug-ins available for vBulletin prior to this upgrade to make sure it meets your needs.

You can import your posts, forums, members, and attachments from phpBB into vBulletin.

Instead of code hacks, vBulletin 3.5 introduced Plug-ins, which allow PHP code to be executed alongside the forum without having to edit PHP source files. I am sure you are familiar with having to edit PHP files on phpBB on an almost weekly basis. This is greatly reduced in vB.

There are free Photo Gallery, Arcade, and Store plug-ins at or linked from vBulletin.org (you can read all about them but not download them). You can also install a Coppermine gallery and link it to vBulletin (it has good but not perfect integration).

vPortal I am not sure about. vBAdvanced CPMS, a 3rd party portal is free once to purchasers of vBulletin.

uCash is in development for vBulletin 3.5. A version of it existed for vBulletin 3.0.x but I believe it required extensive PHP modifications.

Paid Subscriptions are built into vBulletin.

When you say Hide Hack, do you mean hiding a user's posts so nobody else has to read them? This is called 'Tachy Goes to Coventry' and is built into vB.

Comment

Thanks for your help. seems like most of what i need is avaible.

Hide hack im sure ive seen on vbulliten.org

its a bb code that hides the post of a topic and only displays posts when you reply, kinda like a leech protection.

oh and you say the cash needs modifaction? how much do you think?

well it seems ill be making the move from phpbb to vb very soon, hopefully before new year.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Vportal - vbadvanced - yes
        Photo gallery - yes
        Hide Hack - yes pretty sure..has to be
        Arcade - yes
        Store - yes
        Cash - yes
        Bookies - not sure
        Paid Subscribers - not sure

hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by ParaBeats
          Hi, i curently run a forum with 3000 + members.

its currently run on phpbb and i would like to move to VB

however im not fully understanding how VB works in terms of hacks and moving from phpbb etc.

If i purchase a lifetime license do i get access to any hacks? where is the hack source?

is phpbb able to convert to VB?

the hacks i need on my board and have to no these work before i purchase are.

Vportal
          Photo gallery
          Hide Hack
          Arcade
          Store
          Cash
          Bookies
          Paid Subscribers

Can anyone tell me if these hacks work, and how or if im able to access them with a full license? or will i have to pay extra for hacks?

Thanks in advance
          All vB hacking can be found at www.vbulletin.org
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X