Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb2plus to vb

I have a couple of questions.
    I have a phpbb2plus forum and want to move across to vb i just fed up with having to remake the files every 2 weeks or so.

the main cause of concern is will impex import the file attachments as this is a modifcation to the original phpbb board.

this is very important as i run a guitar forum and have lots of users personal mp3's etc on the site.

finally does vb get hacked? i've had my site hacked twice mainly down to me not updating the forum scripts when they become available and if it does is updating forum scripts easy (unlike phpbb2plus)

thanks in advance Rick
    www.6stringheaven.com

Hello raven3d,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin Forum Software and for contacting vBulletin Sales.

With our free vBulletin ImpEx Software you can convert from third party scripts to vBulletin 3.5.2 and here is the page with more detailed information about which scripts are supported, and what is imported:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_systems

Looking forward receiving your order and please let me know if you require any further information.

All the best,

Comment

i took the plunge and bought it last night!

and have worked through a couple of test installs.

and all went pretty good except the stupid mysql max questions thing, but i cheated that as well .

i do have one question and can i post it on this thread?
      or do i have to use a different forum
      Last edited by raven3d; Wed 7 Dec '05, 4:32am.
      www.6stringheaven.com

Comment

Hello again,

Thank you for your recent purchase and the quick follow up. Welcome to the vBulletin community.

Now that you're a licensed customer you can post your support questions in the appropiate forums, or start new support tickets.

Enter your email address here: http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php (the one you registered with on this support forum), and you will show up as a licensed customer. (Within the hour).

Comment

its all cool now update went well.

www.6stringheaven.com

cheers guys and if anybody else wants to know, upgrading from phpbb2plus 2.0.18 goes pretty easily.
          www.6stringheaven.com

Comment

That is good news, and thanks for replying

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X