Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a local development version

Hey all,

over the next week I will be buying two licenses to install two forums on clients sites and my question is this.

Is there any way that I can install development versions of these sites on my local server without buying more licenses ? They won't need to be accessed outside my pc even though it does have a permanent connection.

thanks in advance..

Richard.

Yes you are allowed to have a test enviroment for test / dev purpuses.

Comment

Thanks Zachery. The next question is how? Once I put the files in place on the correct places on my development server do I need to do anything particular to get it running ? Do I use the same license number that I get when I purchase the clients license ? I thought that licenses were tied to particular ip addresses. And obviously the proper copy will be in a different location to the dev version.

Sorry if this all sounds dense but I've only every installed the free versions of IVPB before

Richard.

Comment

vBulletin is not tied or coded for a specific website or server. Doing so would require encryption to actually make that work.

vbulletin is visual source, and it'd be a huge down side to encrypt our software.

You'd install vB just like you would in a normal server situtation. The install should not be publiclicly accessable. Which means if it can be accessed via a domain / the web, it should be password protected.

Comment

Thanks again. I'll be putting through the purchase first thing tomorrow morning. I'll do as you suggest and password protect the directories on my dev server.

Cheers mate,

Richard.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X