FrontPage and Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrontPage and Setup

Hi All, I would like to know if it is possible to use FrontPage to setup the Vbulletin. Also, since I do not know PHP or anything like that, where do you go to find people to set it up for you and can they set it up so I can maintian other pages of my website with FrontPage?

Frontpage doesn't enter into the equation when setting up vBulletin and may actually hinder your progress.

Unzip and then upload all the vBulletin files to a folder on your website. Create a MySQL database on your server. Edit the config file to point to that MySQL database. Upload the config file. Point your web browser to the forum's folder on your website. Done!

To make changes to the appearance of vBulletin, you edit templates which consist of HTML and variables. If you bring this HTML into Frontpage, it will very likely get "mangled" by proprietary Microsoft code and no longer work if you try to paste it back into vBulletin.

Maybe you should look into Dreamweaver software?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X