Ability for Messages to Appear in Two Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability for Messages to Appear in Two Forums

Is there a hack for vbulletin so that some posts can appear in two forums?

Currently, I have one forum on my site, but I want to go to a multiple category forum like vbulletin. But I want there to be a main forum that has posts from some of the other category forums as well. So these posts would show u pin the main forum and the category forum as well.

Is this a feature our would it be easy to implement without hampering performance>

Threads appear to just have a thread number:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142051

so I assume there is a database that associates each thread with a category(Forum). I don't think it would be that much more difficult to have this field hold 2 category fields (mysql set field) but I guess this could really hamper performance. I think this would be very similar to subforums. That would be a good second best alternative. However, I don't want a true subforum system As I want some select posts that are designated by the poster to appear in the main forum not every single post.

So is this a supported hack? If not would it really hamper performance?

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X