need information about vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need information about vbulletin

o.k. so i have to say that you have a great forum system and before i want to buy it i need to ask some questions so here:

1. if i'm buying license in 160 dollars so how many times can i install the VB?

2. how can i know that one day you won't close this site and i won't have anywhere to ask for help?

1. Once
    2. We've been here for 5 years going on strong, I forsee at least another 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      1. Once
      2. We've been here for 5 years going on strong, I forsee at least another 5 years
      but if i'll have problems with m forum and i'll have to install it again what should i do then?

Comment

There are not many situtationts that would ever warrent you having to reinstalling vBulletin.

Comment

Vbulletin is the best board system you could have. I see the site being up for atleast 10 years. If the admin wishes to stop this then they should pass this on..somebody will buy the site FORSURE!

Comment

Something I should say to clarify things, you can reinstall vbulletin as many times as you want to, I did it, when I moved from one server to another (didn't have ssh access).

You are not allowed to run two copies of vbulletin with one license, but you can download the package 300 times if you like
            Syntax errors in my post ? Well, I'm a french-speaking Swiss user..

Comment

You are not allowed to run two copies of vbulletin with one license, but you can download the package 300 times if you like
              so i just can download but not to run more than 2 copies?

Comment

No

You are only allowed to run the amaount of licenses you have purchased.

1 Owned license means you can run a copy of it somewhere on the internet, and not a second instance. As an exception, you CAN run a second instance for the SOLE purpose to test Mods you may wish to install on your proper board. This means that it's directoy MUST BE passworded and not be accessed by anyone else. If you are found out, then you are in alot of trouble.

Should you need to re-install becasue you are moving, then that is allowed.
                if you back-up the SQL Database, then you can remove the old installation, install elsewhere, Import the DB to your new location, then modify your license in the Member's area here.
                -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

o.k. thank you but now i'm running PHPBB forum and i want to buy a license so how i can chane to system without removing the posts of everybody duz i hace a big community

Comment

Each license (which costs $160) allows you to run one instance of vBulletin, with the exception of a test board that is not accessible to the public. If you need to run more than one instance of vB, you need another license. You can receive discounts for purchasing licenses in bulk.
                    Forums

Comment

Originally posted by forum-il
                      o.k. thank you but now i'm running PHPBB forum and i want to buy a license so how i can chane to system without removing the posts of everybody duz i hace a big community
                      Once you buy vBulletin you will be able to download the import scripts (there is one for phpBB). This will allow you to install vBulletin and retain all posts from you old phpBB installation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X