Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I can say about Vbulletin is

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All I can say about Vbulletin is

    When I first started the Forum business, I tried the free stuff out there, then bit the bullet and bought a Vbulletin License (actually I own 2)


    You get what you pay for, and now that my site is growing at a staggering rate I am glad I chose a system that I know can handle the pressure.

    Best 160 bucks I ever spent.

    Thanks Vbulletin Developers.

  • #2
    From the look of your board, you'll make the 160 from Google in no time!
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vtec44
      From the look of your board, you'll make the 160 from Google in no time!
      Oh my friend if I could only tell you and not be in violation of their TOS

      Comment


      • #4
        Guess this looks like as good of a thread to post this question/s as any (please let me know if there is a better)...
        1. did you require professional help to install vbulletin?
        2. if you did get help, how much$/time did it cost you?
        3. if you did it yourself, how much time did it take you?
        4. did you get good support from vbulletin?
        Id characterize myself as an intermediate 'geek' (know just enough about Unix, Windows, etc to be dangerous but my specialty is the (building) construction business and am trying to start a small scale (budget) WBB for answering (no fee) questions people may have about construction (ie plans, permits, contracts, design, etc) along with other fee based services.
        vBulletin seems like a comfortable/user friendly interface.
        Thoughts/suggestions?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by akm
          Guess this looks like as good of a thread to post this question/s as any (please let me know if there is a better)...
          1. did you require professional help to install vbulletin?
          2. if you did get help, how much$/time did it cost you?
          3. if you did it yourself, how much time did it take you?
          4. did you get good support from vbulletin?
          Id characterize myself as an intermediate 'geek' (know just enough about Unix, Windows, etc to be dangerous but my specialty is the (building) construction business and am trying to start a small scale (budget) WBB for answering (no fee) questions people may have about construction (ie plans, permits, contracts, design, etc) along with other fee based services.
          vBulletin seems like a comfortable/user friendly interface.
          Thoughts/suggestions?
          1. I did it myself without any knowledge of mySQL or PHP.
          2. n/a
          3. I don't remember exactly, but it was around 2 hours total from scratch, including importing time from a previous bulletin software.
          4. Always. One time at around 11pm PST, I submited a support ticket and got an answer in less than 15 minutes. The template & phrase system is extremely easy, and you also have a bunch of people over at vbulletin.org to ask for help. I've leared enough after 11 months to be dangerous
          So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

          Comment


          • #6
            I love VBulletin! We are a smallish board, but, the admin panel is great compared to other free ones I've tried. Best money I've ever spent!
            ~*Sara*~

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vtec44
              From the look of your board, you'll make the 160 from Google in no time!
              Lol google is nothing. Sign-up for something with CPM rate, your site will generate at least $10 a day .
              Out to Change the world!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by roosevelt
                Lol google is nothing. Sign-up for something with CPM rate, your site will generate at least $10 a day .
                LINK ME!! Please?
                So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by roosevelt
                  Lol google is nothing. Sign-up for something with CPM rate, your site will generate at least $10 a day .
                  My goodness, 10 bucks a day? You must be kidding me, where do I sign up?? Where Where??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Vtec44
                    1. I did it myself without any knowledge of mySQL or PHP.
                    2. n/a
                    3. I don't remember exactly, but it was around 2 hours total from scratch, including importing time from a previous bulletin software.
                    4. Always. One time at around 11pm PST, I submited a support ticket and got an answer in less than 15 minutes. The template & phrase system is extremely easy, and you also have a bunch of people over at vbulletin.org to ask for help. I've leared enough after 11 months to be dangerous
                    Thanks much for the info.
                    Guess Ill make the plunge.
                    Id kinda like to try the installation myself, but Im wondering if I have problems and get totally frustrated if I could then pay the $135 for installation by vBulletin.
                    Ive also got some other pre-purchase questions for vBulletin re my ISP, web server, etc.
                    Where is the best place to ask those questions b4 buying, and actually they are not questions Id like to share with the whole world, so is there a good place to either call or email?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by akm
                      Thanks much for the info.
                      Guess Ill make the plunge.
                      Id kinda like to try the installation myself, but Im wondering if I have problems and get totally frustrated if I could then pay the $135 for installation by vBulletin.
                      Ive also got some other pre-purchase questions for vBulletin re my ISP, web server, etc.
                      Where is the best place to ask those questions b4 buying, and actually they are not questions Id like to share with the whole world, so is there a good place to either call or email?
                      You can contact them using this form here: http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php

                      Or, you can post a thead in this forum: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

                      To answer your questions, yes you can purchase the installation from vBulletin at a later time if you wish.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Indeed, a great product - having moved from phpBb a few years ago I have 8 licenses now...
                        John

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X