Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Questions...

Hi,

I am currently a Groupee Community customer, however, have been thinking of switching to VB.

My number one question which will be the factor on whether I move to VB is this: Is it possible to import all of my Groupee Community data to VB? I have NO knowledge of importing things... will help be provided? Could somebody possibly do this for me?

Number two is this, is it possible to make a top javascriptish type menu like Groupee Community has (see here, http://community.groupee.com/groupee/forums) with the "Go" "New" etc. type tabs? I really enjoy having them.

Is there a way to post a poll without having to start a new thread and then check the box to make it a poll? What I mean is there just a plain "Poll mode" type post?

That's all my questions for now...

One more thing... is it possible to have usernames, location, avatars, etc. on the left side like this, http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2167110

Comment

One more thing... is it possible to make an extra column and put the "topic starter" username in it instead of it being under the topic title?

Thanks!!!

Comment

Okay, addressing all your questions in one reply:

1. Yes, Groupee is supported by the ImpEx importing script. Features supported for import from Groupee are listed in the documentation:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_eve

The vBulletin manual in general contains pretty much information, so do some reading there and I'm sure you feel more than enlightened.

2. Yes, can be done. Requires editing one or two templates. You can pretty much customise everything and more, so no need to worry about not being able to do something. Only skill is the limit.

3. This can't be done by default as a per thread setting. You need to create a special forum for those kind of polls, in which usergroups then wouldn't have the right to reply to threads, but to vote on polls. Indeed this could be a nice per thread feature.

4. Yes, can be done via the board settings. It's choosing between legacy and current postbit. That part of the posts is called postbit in the vB lingo, as the template is also named postbit.

5. Yes, with some minor template tweaking. Requires moving it from it's current location in the code to a new column.
        "I believe each individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruits of his labor, so far as it in no way interferes with any other man's rights." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for the info.

One more question... if I use the Impex thingy, can I make a copy of my Groupee database and use that or will it take all of my data (leaving my Groupee forum without any members, posts etc)

I'm a little confused on whether it takes all the data or simply makes a copy.

Perhaps I'm not explaining that quite right...

I'm just nervous I will make a mistake and then have my forums data corrupt or something and not be able to fix it.

Comment

It will only copy the data. No need to fear dataloss. However, as usually, always do backups when performing major tasks, like switching forum software.
            "I believe each individual is naturally entitled to do as he pleases with himself and the fruits of his labor, so far as it in no way interferes with any other man's rights." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks!

It looks like I'll be ordering VB within the next few days

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X