This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB vs IPB

Hello everyone, well this is not a pre-sales question but more of props to vbulletin and staff.

About a month ago I decided to try IPB since I had never used it and wanted something to play around with.

I suppose right out of the box IPB does look a little nicer and the admin control panel in my opinion looks great. However.....

Support in their forums...ya do not expect to get too much help, you may find a member that can help, but that is about it.

Support in their ticket system, well you will eventually get a reponse and the issue may get fixed, however, we are not talking lighting speed by any means.

Hacks, ya there are some out there, but nothing like we have here at vbulletin.org.

Sure both products function very much the same...each have options the other doesn't but in my opinion I find vb to be a more quality product with less bugs and issues.

With this said, vbulletin Developers and Staff, thank you for a great product...thank you even more for the support!! And coders, thank you for all the exceptional hacks you do and for the support you offer for those.
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Thanks!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Accually I think IPB out of the box is horrible looking. Way to bland for my liking. And I hate the fact it uses a really small font when posting. No good for people with poor eye site.

What does it use, a font size of about 8 or something as oposed to a better size of 10

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
        Hello everyone, well this is not a pre-sales question but more of props to vbulletin and staff.

About a month ago I decided to try IPB since I had never used it and wanted something to play around with.

I suppose right out of the box IPB does look a little nicer and the admin control panel in my opinion looks great. However.....

Support in their forums...ya do not expect to get too much help, you may find a member that can help, but that is about it.

Support in their ticket system, well you will eventually get a reponse and the issue may get fixed, however, we are not talking lighting speed by any means.

Hacks, ya there are some out there, but nothing like we have here at vbulletin.org.

Sure both products function very much the same...each have options the other doesn't but in my opinion I find vb to be a more quality product with less bugs and issues.

With this said, vbulletin Developers and Staff, thank you for a great product...thank you even more for the support!! And coders, thank you for all the exceptional hacks you do and for the support you offer for those.
        Thanks for your kind words.
        =)

Comment

Apparently IPB must be gearing their product to kids. vB seems to be gearing it to businesses (or sites that have a mixed population) right out of the box.

The default font size for vB is very readible, and just right for print as well.

Chris
          "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
          is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
          ~~~
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

LOL.. You might want to edit that Chris. White's gonna come trolling right in here citing nVidia and AMD...
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

lololol

He loses the argument anyway. :P

Chris
              ~~~
              Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                LOL.. You might want to edit that Chris. White's gonna come trolling right in here citing nVidia and AMD...
                Why should we have to refrain ourselves supporting a product, on the official forum of that product? Some people may not like vB for personal reasons, but the fact is that vB dominates the other forum softwares out there. It doesn't matter how little details you want to pick on to discredit vB, it still fits a broader range of audience and has a huge "hacking" community.
                Last edited by Vtec44; Sat 12 Nov '05, 11:55pm.
                So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                  lololol

He loses the argument anyway. :P

Chris
                  That's cos he's never right
                  =)

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                    Why should we have to refrain ourselves supporting a product, on the official forum of that product? Some people may not like vB for personal reasons, but the fact is that vB dominates the other forum softwares out there. It doesn't matter how little details you want to pick on to discredit vB, it still fits a broader range of audience and has a huge "hacking" community.
                    It was meant as a joke. I wasn't being serious about it
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      It was meant as a joke. I wasn't being serious about it
                      I took it as an opportunity to let him know that I'm not going to stop. He's on here trying to instigate, because he rarely post anywhere but the Pre-Sale forum The post was more for him to read
                      Last edited by Vtec44; Sun 13 Nov '05, 1:13am.
                      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
                        Accually I think IPB out of the box is horrible looking. Way to bland for my liking. And I hate the fact it uses a really small font when posting. No good for people with poor eye site.

What does it use, a font size of about 8 or something as oposed to a better size of 10

Damn right!

The only thing you missed is that it is a perfect square...which I hate.

Comment

And vBulletin is cheaper!
                          I might be convinced to use IPB again when if it becomes free... right now I'd take PHPBB 3.0 over IPB .

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                            I took it as an opportunity to let him know that I'm not going to stop. He's on here trying to instigate, because he rarely post anywhere but the Pre-Sale forum The post was more for him to read
                            Yep.

And he's missing in action, no hide or hair from him for two days.

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

Chris
                            ~~~
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I have a vBulletin owned license and an IPB leased license, all I can say is I love vBulletin so much! Every penny I paid was ABSOLUTELY worth it!
                              Gayble.com - The Happy Host!

Gayble Forum | MSN: [email protected]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X