Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Install with CMS?

Hey guys,

I have a query regarding the installation/setup of vb and stuff..

Firstly, I know there's a license number in the file header of all the php stuff, my question - is it actually important for this to be kept in-tact? (ie what happens if I have multiple licenses and I use the same files install1 for install2).

Secondly, apart from the initial installation is there anything which requires the license number from the vBulletin client area? I can understand what its for (verifying the installation) but its not used anywhere else is it (for instance its not stored anywhere afaik).

Pretty much, all I need to know is IF I were to add vB to my site management script (for personal (IE myself only, not for commercial release) use only) and have a valid license for any installation I make, will I be in line with the AUP/TOS of vBulletin?

Cheers
    Mark

The license number is also used in the files, specifically it is used to further hash the password stored in the cookie. Using the same on multiple sites can lower your forums security a small bit. If you want to use the same files, make sure that the URL's in the members area are corect though, otherwise you might be accused of violating the license agreement by using the same license for multiple installation.

The customer number is used for the initial installation, for upgrades and for access to the tools.php file. As this should be the same for all your licenses, that doesn't matter though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X