I have a host but no vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a host but no vBulletin

I have a host but no vBulletin and I am woundering on how to get it onto my host and how and can it be installed for me as I don't have any clue as to how I am supose to do this.

Not So Hard . .

Originally posted by smiley8533
    I have a host but no vBulletin and I am woundering. . .
    Smiley, 'a host' is is good 1'st step. Who? Do you have a 'domain'?? PHP/MySLQ compliant? I just completed my 1'st vb/hosting install last week and while the process is fraught with 'newbie' errors/unknowns the vb documentation is very good, it assists every step of the way and it is a good learning experience to say the least. Do you have a FTP client for direct upload/download?? You'll need one - it's probably 'free' if you know where to look. I like FlashFXP.

Read the docs link to get the idea . . . a 'lil configuring, a 'lil uploading, CLICK w w w.GO.com!!
    Rabbit

Comment

Yeah I have a domain and all but if I have to upload it all I am better off finding a different service as I dont know anything about uploading this & installing it.

Comment

You can purchase vbulletin here:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

I would recommend the owned liscence as its a better value in the long term. You can request professional installation which is done by a member of the vbulletin team. This service costs an additional $135.00.

Installation is really not that hard and it would be a good idea to learn some basics like how to FTP files onto your server. We can guide you through this. If you do get stuck with the installation, you can always request the professional install later.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Yeah I have a domain and all but if I have to upload it all I am better off finding a different service as I dont know anything about uploading this & installing it.
          Once you have purchased your vB license, you could look to post an installation service request on vB dot org, Sitepoint.com or Best-boards.com - I am sure there will be someone who can help you.

Good luck.
          John

Comment

Owning and running a website is going to cost you a FORTUNE if you do not learn the basics of uploading files to it and using basic FTP software.

You are always welcome to purchase vBulletin and purchase the Installation option. If they find that your web host is sufficient (many aren't!), they'll install vBulletin on it for you. Of course all of the settings and customizations to make vBulletin look the way you want are up to you. They're VERY easy to do and fully documented in the online user manual.

Comment

If you want you can give me a yell and i can do it for you.

Its EXTREMELY easy to get up and running, however you will need MySQL, PHP and of course FTP.
              Most half decent hosts (apart from the big corporate guys) dont mind doing this sort of menial installation. I run my own webhosting company and installing 3rd party programs is something all hosts should provide (as long as its not much work).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X