Unbelievable Prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster Gamers
    Vbulletin is more, because they offer more on many levels- this was admitted to me by some of the IPB staff.

Suuureeee.......

That would be like VB staff admitting to you IPB offers more on many levels. I smell BS on this one. LOL What did they do, tell you in secret or something? Funny first post though.
    Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Wed 19th Oct '05, 4:01pm.

Comment

iirc the vbulletin owned liscence is cheaper than some other companies perpetual liscences. In any case, you get what you pay for and vbulletin is one of the few products I've ever been truely satisfied with. Now if only I could say the same about women...
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by mstewart1
        I was just wondering why the prices are so higher, so much, plus having to pay yearly also.

y do u charge so much plz?
        Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software and for contacting pre-sales. I appriciate your feedback and concerns about the value of our product. Since the start of the company we've offered the same policy and the same price for our services and products, customer services and we've since then only increased their capabilities and quality. We believe we have selected a price valued low enough to also reach consumers and not just commercial companies. The $160 is a one time fee, for the owned license, which allows you to run the forum software forever. We can not offer you the software for free, nor can we offer you a discount. However, if you require multiple licenses we can offer you a bulk-discount. If you want a professional, high quality, secure and mature, feature rich and dynamic, instant online community for your web site: vBulletin ís the pick. I really hope you can see that we actually ask below the actual value of the product after trying out our free and live full-admin demo. And I hope you can find a sponsor, a family member, or am able to save up some money and make a purchase later on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

And to the rest in this thread, PLEASE don't turn this into a vB vs other forum discussion. I will close it, we all already know you like vB ..

All the best,

Comment

I also bought my owned license when I was 14, I bought it with my own money, my parents didn't even buy it for me... It's not expensive at all.
          <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
          <Onimua> You're a daddy.
          <Chroder> eh
          <Onimua> :)
          <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by derekivey
            I also bought my owned license when I was 14, I bought it with my own money, my parents didn't even buy it for me... It's not expensive at all.
            What he said.

Comment

I think the prices are quite reasonable...
              Last edited by Danieldude; Wed 19th Oct '05, 7:18pm.

Comment

If you are planning to pay, vBulletin is not really that expensive. Of course, if you compare it to free software, its expensive. But out of all the paid/commercial software, vBulletin's price is quite reasonable.

Comment

I think it really depends on whether you anticipate your forum being adopted/used by your visitors. If so, $160 in exchange for a community is a deal of a life time. On the other hand, I see quite a few webmasters taking the plunge to buy a forum software only to have it be empty with no activity whatsoever. Then it becomes a waste, and vBulletin from that perspective can be considered an expensive lesson, but that has nothing to do with whether vBulletin is worth it, which it certainly is. You just need to evaluate whether you need a top notch forum software at this point, or go with a free one until you know your forum's going to get some activity.
                  - JavaScript Kit | CSS Drive | CodingForums.com | CodeTricks.com

Comment

Floris is correct. $160 is a good price point. Purchase 3 or more and it get's a little cheaper per license. Having a single tooth pulled costs almost twice as that and you have nothing to show.

If the software was free, you wouldn't have all the developments and new features the board has and probably still be on version 2 only or maybe non-existent.

Originally posted by Floris
                    We believe we have selected a price valued low enough to also reach consumers and not just commercial companies. The $160 is a one time fee, for the owned license, which allows you to run the forum software forever. We can not offer you the software for free, nor can we offer you a discount.
                    Kim

Comment

If the software was free we wouldn't put security and feature balanced against usability and performance high on our priority list, perhaps we would not even give support or at least not for free. Who knows where we'd have been then.

Comment

You can never be sure with free software.

I mean, you wouldnt go to a shop and pick up forum software on CD for free (if it were), you'd want to buy one. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by corollasbest
                          vB is dirt cheap. I've seen some forum systems that cost $500-$1000 and they're not any better.
                          Show me the forum systems that cost that much, I haven't come across them myself, I'm curious

Comment

Originally posted by mfizzel
                            Show me the forum systems that cost that much, I haven't come across them myself, I'm curious
                            I forgot which they were, but I've seen them before, and they suck, even if they cost less than vB.

Comment

Someone posted a link in the "Chit Chat" forum a couple of weeks back. It runs on Oracle backend.
                              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Lithium Board (used by a lot of incredibly large companies such as Sony and Nintendo) costs well over $1000.
                                A E R I T H
                                vBulletin 2 freak! xD

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X