Is there some form of SDK available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there some form of SDK available?

I am thinking of switching to vbulletin, because I like all the features it has to offer and seems pretty powerful and robust. However, the board I am switching from has an SDK available which allows me to query the forum database from an external source easily. This is essential for integration with my website. I haven't been able to find anything simmilar for vBulletin. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

Theres RSS and XML output available I believe. Hope this answers your question.
    <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
    <Onimua> You're a daddy.
    <Chroder> eh
    <Onimua> :)
    <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

vbulletin 3.5 has some data api's that can be used for this purpose but I have not had the chance to play with it personally. If you haven't already, take a look at vbulletin.org - the mods there have been starting to write tutorials and articles on a lot of this stuff.

For that matter, depending on how your current website is setup, you may not even need the data api's. Alot of us have custom written apps and front pages that simply call forum/global.php which lets us tap into alot of vbulletin's features.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

It is easy to write your own PHP scripts within the vBulletin framework which connect to the database and can access users, forum information, permissions, etc.

Comment

How :/ i cant

Comment

Originally posted by radek
            How :/ i cant
            Step 1: Grow Up.
            Step 2: Get a Job.
            Step 3: Buy vB.
            Step 4: Quit sabotaging other people's topics.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X