vB 3.5 Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 3.5 Speed?

I've read the list of features in the latest release, however, the one issue I would like more information on is the access speeds. Has there been any improvements in regards to page loading and the opening of threads?

what problems have you expirenced with page loading and opening of threads, to my knowledge there has never been any issues...

Comment

vb3 and up has alot of cache'ing options that can speed performance but at some point, your server needs to be able to cope with the demand.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I'm on a shared server, with about 20-30 users online at any given time. I've never had any problems as far speed with my current host. Howerver, I had a lot of problems with my previous host, but that's more of a web host problem that vB problem.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          what problems have you expirenced with page loading and opening of threads, to my knowledge there has never been any issues...
          For the past 2 years I have experienced significantly slower page loading than other sites I host on my virtual server. The other sites don't require database queries, however, there is still a big difference when I visit forums on other sites. I'm talking about a 4 or 5 second page/thread (showthread) load on my forum compared to a 2 or 3 second load on another.

My forum is customized, however, I have only a few visitors at any one time and I have turned off many of the features that require queries.

If there is no reason that an upgrade from VB 3.03 to 3.5 would make a difference, what areas can I look into to increase my page performance?

Comment

Compared to invision 2.1, does vB 3.5 load faster?

Comment

Yes it does!!!!!!!!!!!

3.5 is alot faster in loading (@ least im noticing)

Comment

my load speed has always been good had vbb for 4 years now have recently updated to 3.5 gold and it is smokin' there is a nice page compression mod availible for it as well i do cache my postings for 10 days doing this was a very nice speeed upgrade also

vbb rocks

Comment

I compared my (modded) board to an unmodded SMF board, and page generation was 1/10th of the time SMF took. Admittedly I'm on better hosting, but still....enough said.

Comment

Working...
                  X