This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rfairbairn
    In short, vBulletin is a class product with a vast amount of features, especially in 3.5.

Its well worth the money, as the money means vBulletin actually gets plenty of development time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Open Source, I run open source sites. But vB is definately worth the money
    That also include using money to pay bills and getting it to buy VB! that's what I did.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesyfx
      Come to think of it, isn't IPB more expensive than vBulletin.?

I've not checked their pricing ever since it started changing every 2 weeks, so I'm not sure.
      Their pricing has only changed once...

Anyway, while vBulletin may not be "pocket change," it's also not terribly expensive, compared to other BBS out there. (UBB.threads costs over $700!) vB is arguably the best BBS on the market right now, with hundreds of available features, templates, styles and hacks. You'll be glad you purchased a license. Remember there is an online demo you can check out anytime to see if vB is for you.
      Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz

Anyway, while vBulletin may not be "pocket change," it's also not terribly expensive, compared to other BBS out there. (UBB.threads costs over $700!) vB is arguably the best BBS on the market right now, with hundreds of available features, templates, styles and hacks. You'll be glad you purchased a license. Remember there is an online demo you can check out anytime to see if vB is for you.
        Eiiighh....Quillz, several times, not just once.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The price has only changed in the sense that the Lifetime license was done away with and replaced with the Perpetual license. Anyways, that doesn't matter in the slightest, since this thread is about the cost of vB.
          Forums

Comment

I thought you could still run IPB 1.3 trail version unlimited, as that changed?

Comment

Why the hell is UBB so expensive? I do not see anything with it that is better than IPB or VB. Thats just mind boggling.

Comment

If you've ever seen an Infopop office, you'd understand. And I find UBB.threads grossly inferior to even some free BBS.
                Forums

Comment

If you've ever seen an Infopop office, you'd understand. And I find UBB.threads grossly inferior to even some free BBS.
                  It might rival VB 2 from what I saw. It wasn't impressive at all. LOL Now I'm curious as to what their offices look like. LOL.

$700 though. Thats just horrible.

Comment

IPB and vB are bascily the same price (bar a bit of pocket change). Which isn't worth bothering about in it being a deciding factor which board you go for. Both have there pro's and con's against each other and both are good boards with a proven track record and good support.

You just have to decide which one suits yours needs best IPB or vB.

Comment

yep my board would not be home without it support is fast and friendly as well. I have used the others you mentioned also, just try out the admincp demo the power and resources there are untouch by the other two you mentioned Vbb 3.5.0 ROCKS!

Comment

I used my tax refunds to get my license. Normally the refund would go for pizza and soda pop. A license lasts for a long time, a pizza doesn't, except in rare cases!

Originally posted by xjuliox
                        That also include using money to pay bills and getting it to buy VB! that's what I did.
                        Kim

Comment

If you want to make custom pages but your coding is under the intermediate level then go with vb.
                          Looking at the ipb code will make your head hurt.

The best advantage is that if you buy the yearly license you get to keep it forever but you loose support. (they might've changed it)

Comment

I was a big fan of phpBB. My forums started off as phpBB before I moved them to vBulletin. I know now though that if I am going to make another forum for another site I will go with vBulletin from the start. It's hard to explain how impressed I am with this software. 'Amazing' is one way of summing it up I guess.

I think if it wasn't such a professionals choice why would this be like it is
                            Last edited by ]SK[; Thu 6th Oct '05, 12:05am.

Comment

My Opinion

Invision Power Board is a good choice for people who are relatively new to Forums and want to start a Small to Medium community.

While vBulletin looks like alot of money, it is well worth it for people who have medium to large, and even corporate communities. I am attached to vBulletin, because of its features and it's good reputation.

UBB, for such an awful product, the price is extortion!
                              Last edited by Alteran Ancient; Thu 6th Oct '05, 12:51am.
                              -- David.

If I spend much more time browsing these forums, I could be subjected to: 1. Burnt retinas, 2. Angry customers, 3. Lack of moderation, 4. Arguments.
                              This used to be a nice place; what the hell's gone wrong?

Comment

It is quite odd, its not like their software is even nice or user friendly. phpBB easily looks better than UBB. I would never consider UBB for my forum.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X