Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versions

If I purchase a liscense, must I use the current version of vBulletin, or do I have a choice of using an older one if I wish?

Currently, 2.0.x, 3.0.x, and 3.5.0 are available for download. Though, I think I remember reading that once 3.5.0 came out, 2.0.x would cease to be available at some point. That may have changed though.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

You can download 2.3.7, 3.0.9, and 3.5.0. I don't recommend going with 2.3.7 because it will be unsupported at some point and because the templates/styles are so different from vBulletin 3. Any work you did on changing the look-and-feel of vBulletin 2 would not translate over to vBulletin 3.

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking of a 3.0.x version.

Comment

Originally posted by Koople
          Thanks, I was thinking of a 3.0.x version.

Why not just use the latest, More secure 3.5.0
          I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

Unless you had a real pressing need, I'd suggest going with 3.5. Its like 3.0.x all souped up.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNIC
              There are no known security issues with 3.0.9, otherwise there would have been a 3.0.10

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNIC
                It's personal preference. As of now, there are more hacks available for the 3.0.x series, and that could be a major decision in his version choice.
                Forums

Comment

Realize that hacks for 3.0.x are a dead-end and roadblock to upgrading to 3.5.x.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X