Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly does the licensce transfers work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly does the licensce transfers work ?

I am unable to understand licensce transfer process, hence looking for more information.
    Dealing directly with vbulletin (when I am the soul owner of licensce) had never ever been a problem.

but.

So would like to know more how this transfers are maintained/handled/work ?.

Regards,
    Last edited by SaN-DeeP; Fri 30 Sep '05, 6:12pm. Reason: spellcheck
    TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

In our case, it isn't actually a transfer. We asked to have the contact info updated from [email protected] to [email protected]. Mind you that the e-mail domain isn't changing (in our case) so it's really a formality not worth giving us such a hard time.

Comment

Hey Ph0eniX,
      If I would have been on your place I would never create topics in public forums, instead prefer dealing silently with VB Team, whatever they do is in the best interest of there community and its members. Never seen any controversaries yet.

I will request to kindly keep your problems in 1 thread (which you have already opened) as current thread will help understanding the process properly from VB Staff.
      I hope you take the same positively.

Regards,

Comment

License transfer information

The license holder has to issue a license transfer request. This has to be done through a new support ticket in the members area > contact.

Once we receive it we will inform both parties about our transfer policy, and wait for them to reply that they understand this.

Then we will give the license holder a form with questions to answer back to us, which we will verify and then review the license in question for transfer.

When all the details are correct we will move the license from account A to B.

Because of a large amount of fraud relating to license transfers, we have a policy regarding the transfer of vBulletin licenses. We regret if this causes a problem, but this is necessary to protect not only ourselves, but the purchasers of licenses who are victims of these scams.

The policy states:

Jelsoft may, in its discretion, allow you to transfer your license to another party, providing the license:

- has not already been transferred in the previous 12 months; and
        - was purchased more than 3 months in the past.

You can read this policy under the license agreement here:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/order/license_agreement.php

Before transferring the license, we will email the prospective new owner the details of the license. Once we receive confirmation from them, the license transfer will occur. They will be emailed with their new customer number and password.

Also note that once a license is transferred, the transfer CANNOT be rescinded. So the license holder has to be absolutely sure they want to do this.

After the owner requests the license to be transferred, we will reply like this: (usually - might differ depending the status of the account)

Thank you for your request to transfer your license to another party.

However, in order to complete it, I need to verify that you are the proper license holder. For added security, please respond to this ticket with the following information from when you ordered vBulletin so that we can verify this request:

- Your current customer number and password (at least the first five characters) for verification.

If you don't know this information, please request it be sent to your email address using this form:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/members/lostpw.php

- Your full name
        - Email address
        - Billing address
        - Telephone number
        - Approximate date of purchase
        - Type of license (owned or leased)
        - The answer to the security question
        - Order Method (Credit Card, Paypal, etc)
        If it was a PayPal order, please include the order and item IDs from the original purchase.

In order to transfer the license we require to have the following details of the new party:

- Full name
        - Full Address
        - Country
        - Telephone number
        - Billing address
        - Valid and working Email address (this can not be a free email address like hotmail or yahoo, etc)

Before transferring the license, we will email the prospective new owner the details of the license. Once we receive confirmation from them, the license transfer will occur. They will be emailed with their new customer number and password.

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
          Hey Ph0eniX,
          If I would have been on your place I would never create topics in public forums, instead prefer dealing silently with VB Team, whatever they do is in the best interest of there community and its members. Never seen any controversaries yet.

I will request to kindly keep your problems in 1 thread (which you have already opened) as current thread will help understanding the process properly from VB Staff.
          I hope you take the same positively.

Regards,
          1. Pay attention
          2. If you had paid attention you'd see that I had been dealing with the vB team for the past two days and only created the post out of helplessnes.
          3. I would keep my problems to one thread but the threads keep getting closed.
          4. You asked a question based on my threads so I responded.

Comment

Um...San-Deep is the thread author.....

Ph0enix, my suggestion is bug the person who is currently the license owner. (Former owner) . Nothing Jelsoft can do if the owner didn't provide the proper authorization confirmation and identity verification.

If things were easier, license hijacking and identity theft would be a serious problem at Jelsoft, and you, myself, and all other personnel would be victims, hence why security is so tight.

Sorry about the hard time, but it's for your protection.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks for the informative posts Floris. I feel for you guys on this one.
              So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec44
                Thanks for the informative posts Floris. I feel for you guys on this one.
                Don't worry, I understand phoenix his frustration and we care for our customers so we are doing our best to please everybody. Let's stick on topic - san-deep I hope the information I posted was enough , otherwise let me know and I will explain in more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  Don't worry, I understand phoenix his frustration and we care for our customers so we are doing our best to please everybody. Let's stick on topic - san-deep I hope the information I posted was enough , otherwise let me know and I will explain in more details.
                  hi Floris,
                  Thank you for your time to make a very informal reply to licensce system, I have got a couple of more questions here, after reading your reply.

The license holder has to issue a license transfer request. This has to be done through a new support ticket in the members area > contact.
                  Once we receive it we will inform both parties about our transfer policy, and wait for them to reply that they understand this.
                  1. From what i understand, if User A buys a vbulletin licensce and set as legal owner (Owned or leased licensce) and plans to transfer this licensce to any other person User B, User A has to initiate a request himself to Vbulletin for change of licensce transfer ?

Then we will give the license holder a form with questions to answer back to us, which we will verify and then review the license in question for transfer.
                  2. Once User A intiates this licensce transfer request, does User A receives licnesce transfer confirmation from Vbulletin, which specifies/gives complete details about this change of ownership process ?

3. Can licensce authority get changed any way by licensce change request from any other user like User B ? or in other words if, User B knows any Vbulletin Staff Contacts much more better then User A ?
                  *Important Question*

4. Once the licensce ownership is changed on soul discretion of User A to User B.
                  Who is setup as the legal owner of licensce for future ? and for how long ?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                    Again, you are a credit to this company and don't mean to offend the rest (trying to better everyones customer experience) but others should follow your lead.

4 star rating for your response!

Comment

No, it is ok, you can offend the rest - it makes me look better -

*puts on his ego cape*

But seriously, I don't feel like I am an asset to this company, I am just here to help out and the the work the rest puts in is just more amazing to me then the support I deliver. Random examples, Steve is a robot, George knows way more about server setups then humanly possible, the developers have insomnia as a hobby and the rest of the staff knows way more then I do.

But thank you for your feedback, of course I appriciate it. And it motivates me to do my job even better.

Comment

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
                        hi Floris,
                        Thank you for your time to make a very informal reply to licensce system, I have got a couple of more questions here, after reading your reply.

1. From what i understand, if User A buys a vbulletin licensce and set as legal owner (Owned or leased licensce) and plans to transfer this licensce to any other person User B, User A has to initiate a request himself to Vbulletin for change of licensce transfer ?

2. Once User A intiates this licensce transfer request, does User A receives licnesce transfer confirmation from Vbulletin, which specifies/gives complete details about this change of ownership process ?

3. Can licensce authority get changed any way by licensce change request from any other user like User B ? or in other words if, User B knows any Vbulletin Staff Contacts much more better then User A ?
                        *Important Question*

4. Once the licensce ownership is changed on soul discretion of User A to User B.
                        Who is setup as the legal owner of licensce for future ? and for how long ?

Thanks again.
                        bumping back with my clarifications

Comment

1, 2, and 3 are Yes.
                          4 is User B until his/her death. Licenses cannot be transferred back to User A.

Comment

*Important Question*
                            Are you sure answer to question 3 is a Yes ?

Comment

I'd just like to add that as long as you provide all of the required information, transfers are very simple. They are handled very professionally (ie no getting away with missing out bits of information!). I've transferred two licenses and both have gone smoothly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X