X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by xtremeoff-road
    Please forgive me for a second, however, what is the harm in having the number on the files?

It is not as if you can do a right click view source and see it??
    Users who browse your web site will not see your customer number or your license number.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Clientside Javascripts never had the License number Filburt.

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Please forgive me for a second, however, what is the harm in having the number on the files?

I believe the client-side files like Javascript files include it as well as the PHP.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ace
    replied
    Removing your customer number (from the one place I can think of that it is mentioned) will make it impossible to install the software...

Removing your LICENSE number, mentioned in every file, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    See post 12. But keep in mind it gives us Jelsoft the impression you have nullified the script and might distribute it. Anyway, you're permitted to do so (remove license number).

Leave a comment:

• jimmyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Yes you can delete your license number off the vBulletin files, HOWEVER please note that many ISPs today use the License information embedded within the PHP files to verify if you are licensed or not.

Should you decide to remove it please note that you are risking your site getting suspended, or even booted off your host.
    but in the member zone, i submited my website address, i guess it's ok to do so??

Leave a comment:

• jimmyboy
    replied
    i only replaced my custom id with "zcxvasdf" something like that, and removed the time when i downloaded it... i didnot remove copyrights. lol

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    It's really quite safe having your license number displayed, because most people wouldn't think to look for it, and it also means nothing without a password, or knowing where to input it.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by jmvb
    Where do you get all this? That's intrusion and a violation of the law.
    Your ISP reserves that right. If you read their TOS, it states so really clearly

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by jmvb
    Please note that he is not an official vBulletin staff member..

Leave a comment:

• KimmiKat
    replied
    You could use a programme like NoteTab and open all the files at once and do a mass delete or maybe substitute it with your domain name. The number in the files don't bother me, in fact since I have multiple licenses, it helps to know what files belong to what domain.

That is a whole lotta files to go through.

Leave a comment:

• dieselpowered
    replied
    That is a whole lotta files to go through.

Leave a comment:

• jmvb
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Yes you can delete your license number off the vBulletin files, HOWEVER please note that many ISPs today use the License information embedded within the PHP files to verify if you are licensed or not.

Should you decide to remove it please note that you are risking your site getting suspended, or even booted off your host.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Yes, you are permitted to modify your files, just don't remove the copyright, and do not distribute the files.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X