web host questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web host questions

what are good and easy web host for the vbulletin?
    can i have more then one".com" from the same web host?

so how does this work, lets say i buy the VB and design it and finish it, then I have to buy the .com?

im ready to buy i just need some one to point me in the right direction.

Originally posted by sinthetic
    what are good and easy web host for the vbulletin?
    can i have more then one".com" from the same web host?

so how does this work, lets say i buy the VB and design it and finish it, then I have to buy the .com?

im ready to buy i just need some one to point me in the right direction.
    Well i use http://jam3s.co.uk its great for hosting sites, you can have more than 1 .com, these are called addon domains & parked domains. Parked domains allows the new .com the same access as the old .com, addon domains allow you to redirect a .com to a subdirectory.

you can design first, or buy first its totally your choice, depends how you prefere to do it

Comment

I dont quite fully understand your question.
      You need somewhere to host the forums and also some way of pointing users to it e.g. www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Comment

anymore web host? does it matter if its a .uk or american one?
        im so close to buying but dont know **** as you can see lol.
        ilike whats php or MySQL???????? and do i have to have the newest version of vb or any would do?

sorry for the newbie Qs?

Comment

If you're about to buy, you will be able to download the latest version of vB for a year from purchase date. So you may as well have the latest version since it's more featureful

PHP (coding language) and MySQL (database format) are what your forum uses to run. You would be hard pressed to find a host that doesn't have either of those.

As for web hosts, there isn't much difference between location (except for very slightly slower response time if it's further away from you). Just remember if the company itself isn't in your country then you'll have to add currency conversion costs on top of the price, so buying from a company local to your country is usually best. Companys often own servers elsewhere anyway if you're especially tied to a US server and you live in the UK for example.

Comment

Domain names dont really matter. Personally I would sooner own a .com domain over a .co.uk domain. Mainly because .com is more international.

You normally have to pay extra for a MySQL database, so do check that you are buying one in your package.

Comment

Pay for a MySQL database? Maybe on an ultra-cheap ultra-budget host, most will include MySQL databases for free no problem, though you might sometimes encounter a limit as to how many you can have.

Comment

Not in my experiance. Can you provide any examples?

Comment

Yeah, me. I give unlimited MySQL databases for free. As do many other hosts. Like I say I've only ever seen paid-for MySQL on budget hosts, I don't recall ever seeing it elsewhere. I don't know what to say, it's like asking for an example of a fish that lives in water. Too many examples to choose!

Comment

Can you provide me with a recommended host?

Comment

Sure, if you give some details of what you need and where you'd like the host/server to be based.

Alternatively try http://www.webhostingtalk.com, those guys know their stuff and you'll get a swift response.

As a basic rule, you really do get what you pay for. However despite their very low price compared to what they give you, I've heard many excellent things about Site5.
                      Last edited by TygerTyger; Wed 28 Sep '05, 3:04am.

Comment

UK based companies that host in the UK.

Comment

hi guys

i am newbie here and i hope im posting in the relevant section
                          must say this forum is great

anyhow as above i am a total newbie to all this all help will be fully appreciated

first of all i would like to create a community forum and hopefully i will have plenty of members

what do i need exactly

how many members could i have with this

2500 MB Space
                          25000 MB Bandwidth
                          Buy 1 Years Hosting And Get 2 Months For FREE
                          cPanel 10 with Fantastico
                          Unlimited MySQL Databases
                          Unlimited Postgres Databases
                          Unlimited Subdomains
                          Unlimited Parked Domains
                          Unlimited Addon Domains
                          Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
                          Unlimited Mailing Lists
                          Webmail
                          or can you reccomend any hosting sites

basically i choose a domain host it then purchase the software from here is that right?

Comment

For those stats you could have a great deal of members, provided the servers are decent and not overloaded with customers as so many are.

]SK[ I'm UK based and host in the UK, PM me with what you need and I'll see if I suit you.

Comment

Do you have a website?

Comment

Working...
                              X