X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleOne
    Hello everyone, I run a very successful Canadian forum and I have a few questions.

1. I am looking at buying the yearly license at $85.00 but am also looking at the branding free version. Does that mean my copies will always stay branding free? I only wish to pay this once.
    In the leased and owned versions of vBulletin, you may remove all mentions of vBulletin including logos EXCEPT the copyright notice at the bottom. The Branding free allows you to remove the copyright notice as well. It is a one-time fee. If you get a yearly license at $85/year and you do not renew, then your license will remain Inactive. It can be re-activated at any time and I would presume that the Branding free would continue to take effect. Realize that the owned license is $160 and you can, at any time, pay $30 to receive 1 year of software downloads. It is not, technically, $30 per year since you could go years without upgrades (if you wanted to).

2. The attachment option for members, can I shut off the limit of xx amount of space per member. I am not talking about the upload limit but instead I wish to allow members to upload an indefinite amount of pictures and remove the section from the CP which allows them to manage them. We are a car spy site and I want pictures to stay without a member going into the CP to remove his pictures.
    You could set it so that users are not allowed to remove attachments from posts. I think this will require some modification which is handled at vbulletin.org.

3. Does your picture upload have the capability to reduce the size and KB of the uploaded image, or is there a mod for this?
    Uploaded images can have thumbnails generated. But it won't create intermediate sized images to my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• Depraved
    replied
    1. the problem with a the yearly 1 is that you have to pay out $85 each year to keep your forum live, if you dont pay you have to take down the forum software this is why the owned license is better, you dont have to renew if you dont want to plus if you do it only costs $30 for a year so over the long run works out better.

for branding free as far as i know its a 1 off payment

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1. I am not sure about this, so I will let someone that knows handle it

2. Yes you can give them the ability to upload an unlimited number of attachments. You can remove the managment options by edited a template.

3. vBulletin will take the full picture and store it in the database by default, or in the file system if a certain option is enabled. It will also produce a thumbnail of the image if allowed.

4. In my experance it works fairly well, you can see the details for it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=4

Leave a comment:

• MapleOne
    started a topic Considering a new look

Considering a new look

Hello everyone, I run a very successful Canadian forum and I have a few questions.

1. I am looking at buying the yearly license at $85.00 but am also looking at the branding free version. Does that mean my copies will always stay branding free? I only wish to pay this once.

2. The attachment option for members, can I shut off the limit of xx amount of space per member. I am not talking about the upload limit but instead I wish to allow members to upload an indefinite amount of pictures and remove the section from the CP which allows them to manage them. We are a car spy site and I want pictures to stay without a member going into the CP to remove his pictures.

3. Does your picture upload have the capability to reduce the size and KB of the uploaded image, or is there a mod for this?

4. How good is your converter for IPB 1.3 Final

Thank you in advance

Frank
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X