Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The correct place to ask about integrating add-ons to vB is at www.vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    Help. Still looking for a store that integrates

I am still looking for a store that I can sell thousands of downloads AND sell subscriptions and products to be shipped. This store MUST intergrate with vb so there is only one registration and login. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please?

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    Originally posted by feldon23
    When you say integrate, I am wondering to what extent you mean to integrate your forum with the sales site. I'd put a "Forum" button on the sales site and a "Buy Now" button on the forum.
    When I say integrate, I am hoping that the store would share the login with my vbulletin forum when it comes to integration so if a person logs in from the forum or by directly going to the store, when they login they are completely logged in. I am hoping it will be able to share the same skin but if not ok on that. But I dont want my users to have to do multiple logins and registration to purchase ringtones, graphics to download into their mobile phone or products to be shipped. I am not experienced enough to determine if phpshop, zen cart or any store is best. I had to fire my webmaster due to incompetence so I am trying to resolve things while behind on a deadline and I am out of my area of expertise. So I am looking for and willing to pay for help.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    When you say integrate, I am wondering to what extent you mean to integrate your forum with the sales site. I'd put a "Forum" button on the sales site and a "Buy Now" button on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F
    It really depends on your needs.

I currently use zencart, which is based on OsCommerce. While it's by no means perfect, it's usable.

I'll be looking into phpshop when the demo is available again.
    I need a store that will integrate into vb and allow me to upload thousands of ringtones and graphics to sell as downloads as well as products that need to be shipped. Will Zen Cart or any store work and integrate into vb?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    It really depends on your needs.

I currently use zencart, which is based on OsCommerce. While it's by no means perfect, it's usable.

I'll be looking into phpshop when the demo is available again.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    Is there any store that integrates into vbulletin well

I am struggling to find a store to sell my products and services that integrates with vbulletin. osCommerce seems to complicated and too many MySQL queries. phpShop seems a bit...cant find the word for it. Desperately need a vbulletin staff or senior member to give some advice.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    osCommerce is a nightmare to modify. Very poorly written PHP, hundreds of PHP files when there should be dozens, 3 times as many MySQL queries as should be necessary, there's tons of hard-coded stuff, no template system (any change in appearance requires editing PHP files), no use of CSS/style sheets, no language system, and there is no such thing as a 'stable' release.

They tried to do a 'stable' release once and within 6 hours of this 'milestone' release they had discovered critical flaws which were only fixed in the nightly build, not the milestone.

I tried to inquire about their release strategy (or lack thereof) on their forum and got a hostile reaction.

Ok, that convinced me. phpshop it is? Are you a webmaster/coder/installer? Looking for a client?

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    osCommerce is a nightmare to modify. Very poorly written PHP, hundreds of PHP files when there should be dozens, 3 times as many MySQL queries as should be necessary, there's tons of hard-coded stuff, no template system (any change in appearance requires editing PHP files), no use of CSS/style sheets, no language system, and there is no such thing as a 'stable' release.

They tried to do a 'stable' release once and within 6 hours of this 'milestone' release they had discovered critical flaws which were only fixed in the nightly build, not the milestone.

I tried to inquire about their release strategy (or lack thereof) on their forum and got a hostile reaction.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    I'm referring to Houston as New Orleans II. I am a Houston native.

phpShop? Google is your friend.

I goodled it right after I asked for the URL. Told you I was an idiot. I also found osCommerce. Which of the two in your opinion may be best?

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    I'm referring to Houston as New Orleans II. I am a Houston native.

phpShop? Google is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• tpccom
    replied
    phpShop
    You got a URL for that? How are you down in New Orleans II? Could I throw some work your way? I had to fire my webmaster.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    phpShop

Leave a comment:

• evssadmin
    replied
    to add to vmember,
    For shipment part u have to arrange or include in the option.
    But from what i see it can be use.

Leave a comment:

• House_of_Crazed
    replied
    Well...

I know so far...

Over on vb.org, there's a hack called "vMembers" that might do what you're looking for (downloadable things), but for products that has to be shipped, I'm not sure...

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X