Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can an Idiot get some answers about subscriptions and storefronts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can an Idiot get some answers about subscriptions and storefronts

    I have many items I need to sell. Some items are downloadable and others havd to be shipped. Can the vbulletin subscriptions manage a storefront because I am having trouble seeing how and can anyone tell me of a storefront program that integrates with vbulletin? PLEASE!

  • #2
    There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      Well...

      I know so far...

      Over on vb.org, there's a hack called "vMembers" that might do what you're looking for (downloadable things), but for products that has to be shipped, I'm not sure...

      Comment


      • #4
        to add to vmember,
        For shipment part u have to arrange or include in the option.
        But from what i see it can be use.

        Comment


        • #5
          phpShop

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by feldon23
            phpShop
            You got a URL for that? How are you down in New Orleans II? Could I throw some work your way? I had to fire my webmaster.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm referring to Houston as New Orleans II. I am a Houston native.

              phpShop? Google is your friend.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by feldon23
                I'm referring to Houston as New Orleans II. I am a Houston native.

                phpShop? Google is your friend.

                I goodled it right after I asked for the URL. Told you I was an idiot. I also found osCommerce. Which of the two in your opinion may be best?

                Comment


                • #9
                  osCommerce is a nightmare to modify. Very poorly written PHP, hundreds of PHP files when there should be dozens, 3 times as many MySQL queries as should be necessary, there's tons of hard-coded stuff, no template system (any change in appearance requires editing PHP files), no use of CSS/style sheets, no language system, and there is no such thing as a 'stable' release.

                  They tried to do a 'stable' release once and within 6 hours of this 'milestone' release they had discovered critical flaws which were only fixed in the nightly build, not the milestone.

                  I tried to inquire about their release strategy (or lack thereof) on their forum and got a hostile reaction.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by feldon23
                    osCommerce is a nightmare to modify. Very poorly written PHP, hundreds of PHP files when there should be dozens, 3 times as many MySQL queries as should be necessary, there's tons of hard-coded stuff, no template system (any change in appearance requires editing PHP files), no use of CSS/style sheets, no language system, and there is no such thing as a 'stable' release.

                    They tried to do a 'stable' release once and within 6 hours of this 'milestone' release they had discovered critical flaws which were only fixed in the nightly build, not the milestone.

                    I tried to inquire about their release strategy (or lack thereof) on their forum and got a hostile reaction.

                    Ok, that convinced me. phpshop it is? Are you a webmaster/coder/installer? Looking for a client?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Is there any store that integrates into vbulletin well

                      I am struggling to find a store to sell my products and services that integrates with vbulletin. osCommerce seems to complicated and too many MySQL queries. phpShop seems a bit...cant find the word for it. Desperately need a vbulletin staff or senior member to give some advice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It really depends on your needs.

                        I currently use zencart, which is based on OsCommerce. While it's by no means perfect, it's usable.

                        I'll be looking into phpshop when the demo is available again.
                        Best Regards
                        Colin Frei

                        Please don't contact me per PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Colin F
                          It really depends on your needs.

                          I currently use zencart, which is based on OsCommerce. While it's by no means perfect, it's usable.

                          I'll be looking into phpshop when the demo is available again.
                          I need a store that will integrate into vb and allow me to upload thousands of ringtones and graphics to sell as downloads as well as products that need to be shipped. Will Zen Cart or any store work and integrate into vb?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            When you say integrate, I am wondering to what extent you mean to integrate your forum with the sales site. I'd put a "Forum" button on the sales site and a "Buy Now" button on the forum.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by feldon23
                              When you say integrate, I am wondering to what extent you mean to integrate your forum with the sales site. I'd put a "Forum" button on the sales site and a "Buy Now" button on the forum.
                              When I say integrate, I am hoping that the store would share the login with my vbulletin forum when it comes to integration so if a person logs in from the forum or by directly going to the store, when they login they are completely logged in. I am hoping it will be able to share the same skin but if not ok on that. But I dont want my users to have to do multiple logins and registration to purchase ringtones, graphics to download into their mobile phone or products to be shipped. I am not experienced enough to determine if phpshop, zen cart or any store is best. I had to fire my webmaster due to incompetence so I am trying to resolve things while behind on a deadline and I am out of my area of expertise. So I am looking for and willing to pay for help.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X