3.0.7 to 3.0.9 Update Fee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.7 to 3.0.9 Update Fee?

Last year end of August I dished out for a vBulletin (Owned License). My support stopped at 3.0.7 which I am currently using.

I do not plan on upgrading to 3.5.

Is there a way for me to obtain upgrades without paying an exuberant amount? How long will vBulletin support the 3.0.X branch after 3.5.0 is released?

I'm looking to negotiate a fair price for the final 3.0.X releases before I take it upon myself to start self-supporting/coding patches, etc.

What are my options?

Thank you.

To renew member's area access to download all versions after 3.0.7 would be 30$, also from what I understand there are not going to be any patches released for 3.0.x unless a major problem is found that could cause a lot of problems (or at least this seems to be the norm).

Comment

Depending on your needs, you can either:
      A) pay 30 usd to renew member's area access and download new released versions for one additional year
      or
      B) download the attached files in the announcement threads (IE: 3.0.8's update files, AND 3.0.9's update files; they're not cumulative) and patch the security problems

Method A you get the new features (such as contact us require image conf for guests) but costs money, where as Method B you get only the security fixes and is free.
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

It should be noted that 3.5.0 will supercede 3.0.9. It will be the continuation of the 3.X version tree. It will not be treated as a separate tree. With the release of 3.5.0, all work will most likely cease on 3.0.X including bug fixes.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          It should be noted that 3.5.0 will supercede 3.0.9. It will be the continuation of the 3.X version tree. It will not be treated as a separate tree. With the release of 3.5.0, all work will most likely cease on 3.0.X including bug fixes.
          But 3.0.x will still be supported right?

Comment

Yep.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

All security fixes are still free, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbller
                But 3.0.x will still be supported right?
                It will be supported to the effect of the software as released. Any bugs will be fixed in 3.5.X. If your issue is caused by a bug, you will be recommended to upgrade.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't imagine vB 3 support going away until vB 4 is released. If I remember correctly, vB 2 is even partially supported today.
                  Forums

Comment

If an issue in vBulletin 2.X is found that has been remedied in 3.0, we recommend that the customer upgrade. Only the most severe security exploits warrant an update.

3.5 is the next version of 3.X... It will contain the security fixes. The difference between 3.0 and 2.0 is that we consider them different code bases. 3.5 is not a different code base, just an updated one.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X