How Many Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Sites

I have two forums on my site. Do I have to purchase two licenses or can I use just the one for both

Depends. If you use separate domains, you need 2 licences.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Yes, that is correct. For every site you have, you must have one vBUlletin license for each.

2 sites = 2 licenses.
      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Its all under the same domain name. Does it cause problems in the database if I have 2, or would it be ok if I have two seperate data bases. Can you tell Im not very techy..lol!

Comment

If you run two forums under one licence (Like www.relic.com does with its games) you could get away with a single licence, but if you need two separate boards (ie. www.site1.com and www.site2.com) or a separate userbase for the forums, you would need separate licences. Using just one would mean that the entire userbase could access all the public contents running under that one domain.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

You can have the information for both forums in the same database, using table prefixes.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
              You can have the information for both forums in the same database, using table prefixes.
              But not using one licence, Colin.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

I know
                This part of his question
                Originally posted by ravenfire
                Does it cause problems in the database[...]
                made me assume that this was a purely technical question after the license question had been resolved
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Don't assume in Pre-Sales, it leads to confusion. Much better to spell things out so much so that the person asking actually yawns.
                  Toddler from Hell

Comment

If you are going to have 2 sperate installations of the forum, you would need to have 2 licenses. Each license is only good for one installation of the software.
                    Webmaster:
                    @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X