Whats the best way to do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best way to do this?

I have mambo and IPB at the moment (not integrated)

I want to purchase Vbulletin and put the bridge on that I have seen for mambo but I am unsure as to what is the best way to go about this.

I know that I really need to put the mambo and Vbulletin in the same database but whilst I sort this out I want to keep my IPB forum only. How do I install Vbulletin using my FTP so that at some point I can change it to have the url that my IPB forum does now, for example its on the url http://www.mysite.com/forums and when I first set Vbulletin up it wont be on that. I am concerned at what changes I will have to make in the database to reflect this later change.

Hope someone understands what I mean!

Thanks

Hi, You could put vBulletin at /forum for example (or anything you want), and when you want to change it to the /forums directory, you would just go into the Admin CP and make the change, then you would just move it to the forums directory...
    <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
    <Onimua> You're a daddy.
    <Chroder> eh
    <Onimua> :)
    <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by ravenfire
      I have mambo and IPB at the moment (not integrated)

I want to purchase Vbulletin and put the bridge on that I have seen for mambo but I am unsure as to what is the best way to go about this.

I know that I really need to put the mambo and Vbulletin in the same database but whilst I sort this out I want to keep my IPB forum only. How do I install Vbulletin using my FTP so that at some point I can change it to have the url that my IPB forum does now, for example its on the url http://www.mysite.com/forums and when I first set Vbulletin up it wont be on that. I am concerned at what changes I will have to make in the database to reflect this later change.

Hope someone understands what I mean!

Thanks
      When you unzip vBulletin, you get a folder called " upload ", you simply change that folder name to " forum ", and edit the config.php file and upload to your site via your FTP program, and bingo its at www.yourdomain.com/forum

Comment

The Mambo integration is not considered the best, (if you can get it to work) and is not supported by anyone. It's also hard to say if it will work well, if at all, with VB 3.5.

I looked at integration between the 2, but by all rights and means its a tricky SOB.

Honestly, you'll be lucky if you can get it to work, and work right....let alone well.

Comment

The free Mambo Bridge at wh-solution.com works with 3.5 too!

All the best!
          =)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X