Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re: vbulletin 3.5.0 RC3 or Gold Question?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • re: vbulletin 3.5.0 RC3 or Gold Question?

    re: vbulletin 3.5.0 RC3 or Gold Question?

    This goes out to the sales team or main development team. I have a very high profile client coming up. And I want to build their site on vbulletin 3.5.0 .. now I'm under time contraints and I wanted to know

    1) how stable is vbulletin 3.5.0 .. RC2 - for a production enviroment, aka can I start buildings clients site with this?

    2) and or how soon will vb 3.5.0 RC3 or Gold be out, as I can tell my client to wait a bit longer or start building their new site? I'll be doing exstensive changes to styles etc, the client has already bought an owned licence and branding free option, however they are waiting for me to go ahead and build the new site on vb3.5.0 so I'm kinda playing a waiting game here.

    I have a second client that wants me to do the same. my first client's site which I'm asking about currently has 25,000 new members a day. Buying products and services. my second client avgs 100 million hits a day .. I've assured them vbulletin is the way to go both from front end and community perspective however I need some time frames for meet deadlines so if you guys could please give me something I can tall my clients it would make my year :P

    thanks kindly
    Robert - Music is my caffeine!

  • #2
    I have had bery little problems using RC2. The Staff will probably tell you that 3.5.0 is not officially supported etc etc. etc. but I think it's very very stable.

    Comment


    • #3
      How long do you expect it to take you to dev thier site? I'd probably bank on going with vb 3.5 for the added functionality and when RC3 and Gold comes out - just do the update. We really shouldnt be seeing that many changes at this point.

      Either way, I'd lay it on the table and let them decide between 3.0.x stable adn 3.5 release candidate. I am sure you could phrase it in terms on how much money they are saving because of the extra work it will take you to updrade down the road as opposed to starting with 3.5 now.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

      Comment


      • #4
        I've already made the 3.0.8 site for them but they want to goto vb3.5.0 yesterday. with my post above, I'm just currous up stable or how soon the next release is going to be .. I don't want to spend the next ten hours building their new site on my localhost only to have a new release come out a few days later :P and have to rehack stuff ..
        Robert - Music is my caffeine!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PixelFX
          I've already made the 3.0.8 site for them but they want to goto vb3.5.0 yesterday. with my post above, I'm just currous up stable or how soon the next release is going to be .. I don't want to spend the next ten hours building their new site on my localhost only to have a new release come out a few days later :P and have to rehack stuff ..
          Well you are not going to get a soild release date from anyone, they come out 'when they are ready'

          You can use 3.5 now but you have to be prepaired to upgrades often, on the flip side you can go with 3.0.x but you'll be faced with tweaking a style and re-hacking when the time comes to upgrade to 3.5.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am also checking the bug tracker of 3.5 daily to see if there are new bugs reported or not.
            Currently I can see that in the last days no new things came up which gives me hope that Jelsoft will not release a RC3 but the final version soon

            Comment


            • #7
              yah I didn't want full eta on release as developer I know its hard to give one, I was currious if they had general idea as to if I should just use RC2 or wait for next update as far as the 3.5.0 series goes.

              currently I have everything running good on 3.0.8 for now ..
              Robert - Music is my caffeine!

              Comment

              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X