Hiding Forums By User Group ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Forums By User Group ?

Is it possible to hide certain forums depending on the user's usergroup ?

Is it also possible for a user to be a member of multiple usergroups ?

And is it possible for the user to be able to select the usergroups they are a member of in their profile or similar section ?

Yes, all three are possible.

For the last question, you'd use public usergroups, which would allow users to sign up for one or multiple usergroups in their usercp.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Fantastic.

Is it also possible to default the users to a particular usergroup or groups when they register.

Is it also possible for the admin to add a usergroup to all existing users ?

Comment

Yes
        Yes

"CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Actually, the first would only be possible with a workaround, and not by default.

The second is possible with a mysql query.
          Best Regards
          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
            Actually, the first would only be possible with a workaround, and not by default.

Yeah I realise that but I was just stating that both things were possible.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F

Both can be accomplished quite easily using promotions, be it manually or automatically.
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X