Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About License,

I couldnt find an appropriate place to post this, so i hope this will do,

Ive just bought a VB, got all the confirmation via email, now i thought the License enabled me to run the board on my site for indefinitely but on the email it says my license will expire next year???? I purchased the owned version,

please somebody put me out of my misery, thanks!

With an owned license you can run the software forever - that doesn't end. The listed expiration is for your access to the download new versions from the Members Area. You get one year of free upgrades with your license. After this the current cost is just $30/yr for continued access to new versions. However, this is optional and you are allowed to continue running your current version for as long as you like.

You will continue to have download access for any versions released while your license was active.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see, many thanks! I thought if my license ran out then my board will become illegal without a license,

Comment

If you paid $160, you can run vB indefinitely. You can regain access to the Members Area (including downloads) for one year by paying $30.

If you paid $85, you can run vB for 1 year.

Comment

You don't have to pay $30 on the expiration date either, it can be paid for whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[
            You don't have to pay $30 on the expiration date either, it can be paid for whenever.
            Well, on or BEFORE the expiration date, to be exact.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Actually, I read somewhere else that it could be whenever.
              For example, if the next version doesn't get released by the time my members' area access expires, I wouldn't want to renew right away. I always like an extra few days.

My access expires in less than a month - I hope 3.5.0 comes out by then!

Comment

"Well, on or BEFORE the expiration date, to be exact."

You can let it lapse for as long as you like.
                Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
                  "Well, on or BEFORE the expiration date, to be exact."

You can let it lapse for as long as you like.
                  Oh yeah sorry, my mistake.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X