Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB tech support vs VB and more questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPB tech support vs VB and more questions?

We are currently using invision board for our forum software. We have a fairly large forum site and have had one problem after another recently. We have had our forums down quite a bit because of server issues and data base errors. We need our forums back online and our considering moving to vbulletin because we need something reliable.

How hard is it to move everything to vbulletin? How reliable is vbulletin? I don't want to pay to move to vbulletin to run into the same problems. Would appreciate any input on your experience.

What about skinning? Also what is the tech support like here? Can you expect a quick response?

I appreciate any help.

Which version of IPB are you running? We have import scripts available for IPB which you can read about here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=4 (IPB 1.1-1.3)
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...749#post734749 (IPB 2.0)
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=30 (InvisionFree)

Current average response time for the last 30 support tickets is 31 minutes. It's sometimes higher and sometimes lower, but I doubt you'd find any software company with quicker and more reliable support than us.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There were a few occassions that I've submitted tickets and recieved an almost instantaneous response.... it was almost eerie!

Besides the support system, questions asked in the forums here have pretty quick response times too since its not just vb staff answering but the entire vb community
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
        There were a few occassions that I've submitted tickets and recieved an almost instantaneous response.... it was almost eerie!

Besides the support system, questions asked in the forums here have pretty quick response times too since its not just vb staff answering but the entire vb community

So true.

Comment

Personally, I would rate vBulletin's technical support 500% better than IPS', I'm a former IPB customer and most tickets took about 24 hours, and vB, I get an answer within the half-hour.

Comment

I personally think vbulletin's service is better than most companies I end up dealing with, online related or not.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra
              I personally think vbulletin's service is better than most companies I end up dealing with, online related or not.
              Between our staff doing support tickets, paid phone support and forums support, and our customers (thanks!!!) helping with questions in the support forums, I think any company in any field would be hard pressed to top us in the support arena
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

Originally posted by Martin
                Between our staff doing support tickets, paid phone support and forums support, and our customers (thanks!!!) helping with questions in the support forums, I think any company in any field would be hard pressed to top us in the support arena
                Agreed Member support along with the staff makes VB unbeatable in my book.
                I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

vBulletin staff is more friendly and more knowledgeable than Invision Power staff.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/

Look down on the left for some idea on response times.

The community here is also quite big, so more often than not you'll find help from other user's too. Take a look around and you'll see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by John Malinowski
                      Personally, I would rate vBulletin's technical support 500% better than IPS', I'm a former IPB customer and most tickets took about 24 hours, and vB, I get an answer within the half-hour.
                      As a former IPBer (for 3 years)....I'll confirm what John is saying is absolutely correct!
                      And all former IPB users will say the same.
                      Homes-Spain

Comment

Thanks to staff scattered through timezones we can provide that speedy support.

We have staff working in UTC + 1, UTC - 4, UTC - 7 and UTC - 12 so as other members of staff finish more are starting their work day.

Though I think Steve's state doesn't follow DST.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Actually, you have UTC + 1 and UTC + 2

Offtopic: As far as I know from 2006 on, all the continental States in America will follow DST.
                          Best Regards
                          Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I think DST is stupid and confusing but hey thats just me.
                            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I don't think Steve sleeps so it really doesn't matter about the DST.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X