Can I use vBulletin for the following

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use vBulletin for the following

Currently the website I host and run was created around phpNuke. I chose it for a variety of reasons. First, a CMS seemed to fit the original purpose of the site more than a forum structure. The so called ability to easily expand it with a variety of useful modules and blocks. The ability to integrate other applications so that there was a single signon.

Well, first it seems my users are happier with a forum based system and to say the least phpNuke has not lived up to my expectations for a variety of reasons.

So, I've decided to change to a forum based structure. phpBB would be my first choice, because it would easily allow the migration for forums and users. And the two applications that I MUST integrate with it, Gallery and X7Chat can be done easily. The only problem is that I think phpNuke stinks.

I am impressed with the Demo (I would be more impressed if you had trial version). So now the questions is:
    can I migrate the nuke forums to vB
    can I integrate Gallery into vB
    Can I integrate X7Chat into vB
    Is there a Web links manager that could be integrated?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Coles
    www.ncwoodworker.net
    Steve Coles
    www.ncwoodworker.net

Can I integrate Gallery into vB.

a) This is probably the best integration of meanalto's gallery to date, you may want to read this thread for comments about the integration efforts.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hlight=gallery

b) There are a number of different galleries that also work with vbulletin 3.x.

- www.vbadvanced.com gallery (commerical) which I highly recommend it and use it myself. It uses the forum engine itself and has the tightest vb integration and a good price tag. It does require two small file edits though of your vb files. (vbulletin doesnt support hacks but there is a community of us at the official sister site vbulletin.org who just love to play around with the code!)

- www.photopost.com gallery, also a commerical product doesn't use the vbulletin backend but does intergrate users and can inherit the headers and footer of your forum I believe.

- There are also some others like 4images and coppermine which are free but the level of integration here varies.

Can I integrate X7Chat into vB

Not sure what this is... but there's a flash chat integration if its for IRC. Flashcat is like $5 iirc and works pretty well from what I've seen.

edit: what are you looking for the weblinks manager to do? If your looking for a links directory, vbadvanced.com also sells one and the feedback has been really good about it. It also ties directly into vbulletin.
    Last edited by Reeve of Shinra; Tue 16 Aug '05, 10:58am.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Thank you for your rapid reply. It was extremely helpful in more ways the one. The reason I want stay with gallery is that there are quite a few pictures already there and I haven't seen any mention anywhere of migrating from one gallery type product to another.

FYI, X7Chat is a very nice web based chat systems that seems to integrate with everything.

http://www.x7chat.com/

Thanks again,
      Steve Coles
      Steve Coles
      www.ncwoodworker.net

Comment

They are many this like x7chat. Try searching vBulletin.org.
        You know you can't live without vBulletin!

Comment

x7chat supports vbulletin 3.0.x, I just checked the zip and its in the auth folder.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

It now also supports vBulletin 3.5, I emailed the modified file to the X7 developer (I hope).
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

That was cool
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X