Before I buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy...

A few obvious questions really, but best to be sure.

1) I want an owned license. If I set up a forum that went nowhere, would I be able to tear it down and use it somewhere else entirely as long as I never had the two installations running side by side?

2) I'm assuming that security updates are issued for free outside the paid updates? Would that be right?

3) Just out of curiosity, why is the CSS for the forum included in the header of each loaded page? Wouldn't it be more efficient to keep it in an external file?

That's all! Ta.

/* Oops, I retract question 3. This forum's CSS is held externally, must be something to do with templating. */
    Last edited by TygerTyger; Tue 16 Aug '05, 4:42am.

Originally posted by TygerTyger
    A few obvious questions really, but best to be sure.

1) I want an owned license. If I set up a forum that went nowhere, would I be able to tear it down and use it somewhere else entirely as long as I never had the two installations running side by side?
    That's fine yes, you would just need to updae the forum url in the members area

Comment

1. Yeap, remove old software, update members area

2. By default that would requre user intervention, and we like to keep things as simple as we possibly can. So, you can do this, its an option, and it requires a folder to be chmoded

Comment

Trust me, vBulletin is going to be the best thing for your board!

Comment

I know that .

So let me get this 100% clear.

Version/feature upgrades = paid.

Inbetween version/security upgrades (i.e. 3.X.X) = freely available even if not subscribed for updates.

I realise it's a moot point if new feature versions come out more than once a year, but just in case they don't it's important.

Comment

No, you'll have to renew your download access to download any new version after it's run out, even a 3.x.x version. If there are security fixes, the fixed files will usually be posted in the announcement forum, so you will more or less be missing out on non-security related bug fixes as well as features if you don't renew.

Also, about your original 3):
            You can choose to save the css in seperate files or to include it in the head of each page.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X