Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB2 > vbulletin

Hi ;

I have pbpBB2 forums. I want change my script phpBB2 to Vblulletin.

Fistly I practice in my computer On PhpTriad.

Please help me?

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php is the only place to practice

Comment

Lol... what's with the topic title "phpBB2 > vBulletin" should be this: "phpBB2 < vBulletin / 10000" =p

Just by looking at screenshots of both admin panels should be enoguh to prove this to you, but the link to the admin demo will definately prove this to you.

Comment

Hi there,

You can not practise. We only give you a license if you purchase one. The admin demo won't allow you to import/export.

Comment

If its any use...

I was a phpBB user who migrated to vBulletin. No problems for me, was the best move I made for my site tbh.

Comment

I'm about to make this same jump. Problem I'm having is figuring out how to backup my PHPBB. Sposedly with large boards, php wont let you fully download the database? I'm not sure what they meant by that. I currently have around 1,000 users and have only been around 2 months(yeah not a lot, but enough I guess), so i'm being told our database is to large.

Comment

Originally posted by ]SK[
              If its any use...

I was a phpBB user who migrated to vBulletin. No problems for me, was the best move I made for my site tbh.
              AMEN!

Comment

We tried so many boards that were free it was not even funny. There were absolutely none that fit our needs. We tried for years to avoid going commercial, but we had no choice because of the limited support, bugs and other things so once we made the switch we never looked back.

I am so glad we got vBulletin.

Comment

I went from phpbb to vBulletin and it was an amazing jump. The admin panel really opened my eyes as to how much better vBulletin is. I used ImpEx to convert my phpBB database to vBulletin - I had about 2500 users and around 50k posts, and everything went pretty smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspire
                    Lol... what's with the topic title "phpBB2 > vBulletin" should be this: "phpBB2 < vBulletin / 10000" =p

Just by looking at screenshots of both admin panels should be enoguh to prove this to you, but the link to the admin demo will definately prove this to you.
                    By phpBB2 > vBulletin he means converting phpBB2 to vB. Not saying phpBB is better.

Although being free, phpBB is a very good alternative to vBulletin which is pretty expensive. Unless you're rich.
                    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by _nick
                      By phpBB2 > vBulletin he means converting phpBB2 to vB. Not saying phpBB is better.

Although being free, phpBB is a very good alternative to vBulletin which is pretty expensive. Unless you're rich.
                      How can you say that? i didnt fork out the money from my own pockets, i sold stuff i didnt need and raised the money myself, purchasing a vbulletin was one of the best choices i did for my community, as i was using phpbb myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_D
                        How can you say that? i didnt fork out the money from my own pockets, i sold stuff i didnt need and raised the money myself, purchasing a vbulletin was one of the best choices i did for my community, as i was using phpbb myself...
                        I'm not saying vBulletin is no good, I love it. I'm just saying it's not cheap.

I dont see what you're getting so worked up about.
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Phpbb2 is good for being free. That being said, the wealth of options vBulletin has over Phpbb2 is like going from shopping at a small country corner store to a large supermarket. It takes a little while to get a feel for vBulletin when it comes to administering it, but that's because it is far more robust then Phpbb2.

As far as being rich? I don't consider $85 to be extremely high. I shelled out $160 for the lifetime license and I don't consider myself to be anywhere close to being rich. Virtually every respected admin and programmer i've known has stated through the years vBulletin is a very good product. It's well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by dastar
                            Phpbb2 is good for being free. That being said, the wealth of options vBulletin has over Phpbb2 is like going from shopping at a small country corner store to a large supermarket. It takes a little while to get a feel for vBulletin when it comes to administering it, but that's because it is far more robust then Phpbb2.

As far as being rich? I don't consider $85 to be extremely high. I shelled out $160 for the lifetime license and I don't consider myself to be anywhere close to being rich. Virtually every respected admin and programmer i've known has stated through the years vBulletin is a very good product. It's well worth the money.
                            Yeah I wasn't talking about the leased option, I was talking about owned (which I have) - I think it is expensive, especially when all you run is a hobby site like me. Either way, it's not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by _nick
                              Yeah I wasn't talking about the leased option, I was talking about owned (which I have) - I think it is expensive, especially when all you run is a hobby site like me. Either way, it's not cheap.
                              As a hobby, I could see that. I made enough money with my phpbb2 site that $160 really wasn't that bad for what I was getting. It really depends on what you are doing. I consider $160 to be cheap compared to the days when some software packages could cost you thousands of dollars (like JackHammer) of course, that wasn't forum software, but you get the idea.

What I usually tell people who are reluctant to spend $160 or $85 is to run phpbb2 till their forum activity has picked up. Once they get some activity and some ad revenue money coming in, then it's time to make the step up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X