Excoboard export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excoboard export

Hi i am seriously considering moving my community to a vb but i'm concerned about transfering my 'freeboard' over without losing anything and the cost of this.

My current community is here
    http://forumjunkies.co.uk it is run on an excoboard http://excoboard.com

Thanks in advance.

Do you have access to the data for your board, and if so, whatt format is it in?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think it's gonna be another EZBoard debacle. Harvesting scripts...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Do you have access to the data for your board, and if so, whatt format is it in?
        What kind of data?

Stats etc, no. The board is hosted for by exco.

Comment

Because exco hosts the forum and I'm guessing they don't provide a way for you to download everyone's messages/threads/posts nor their profiles, you can imagine it will be very difficult to get this data into a vBulletin forum.

For EZBoard, which operates the same way, Jelsoft (creators of vBulletin) had to write a 'harvesting' program which actually downloads every single page of an EZBoard forum and then turns it into usuable posts and messages.

Comment

Hmm i can see a problem then. I'm guessing because excoboard are little known the chances of you guys going to all that effort for a handful of people is very slim?

Comment

http://excoboard.com/exco/thread.php...hreadid=335984

It's always a shame to see people get locked into a feature-poor forum which cannot be exported into anything else. Thank God Jelsoft wrote an EZBoard harvester. Maybe you could hire someone at vbulletin.org to write one.

Comment

or why not contact Jerry and see if he can write something.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                  or why not contact Jerry and see if he can write something.
                  I'm thinking of a generic spider for ImpEx2, not enough demand though.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Hi, is this a no then?

Comment

Guess so

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                        I'm thinking of a generic spider for ImpEx2, not enough demand though.
                        Hi Jerry, I have got My vB license now and wondered if you'd given anymore thought into importing my excoboard?

I'm sure more demand will follow in the future

Comment

Anyone?

I just need to know if you guys would be willing to do this before i start manually recreating threads etc

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X