Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invision 2.0 -> vBulletin: Anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invision 2.0 -> vBulletin: Anyone done it?

Hello,
    I am wondering about a full conversion from Invision 2.0 to vB3. Has anyone done it? How well does it work? Does it infact retain ALL permissions or just some?

Thanks,
    Sparky

I had a friend that just did that exact thing. Took him about 10 minutes to complete the task. I assume it worked fine.
    Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Comment

IPB is one of the most oft-converted boards out there, so I'd imagine the converter is pretty comprehensive. *waits for Jelsoft staff input*

Comment

I did it 6 months ago....it went perfectly.
        And unlike other places, if you need any help you'll get it very promptly!
        Homes-Spain

Comment

I don't think it imports the user's passwords. Thats what I hear, I'm not sure if it's true or not.
          <Onimua> Congrats Chroder
          <Onimua> You're a daddy.
          <Chroder> eh
          <Onimua> :)
          <Chroder> uh oh

Comment

Originally posted by derekivey
            I don't think it imports the user's passwords. Thats what I hear, I'm not sure if it's true or not.
            That's correct....but as long as you notify members of this prior to conversion, and give them the link to get a new password, then it's not an issue.
            Homes-Spain

Comment

Originally posted by derekivey
              Yeah, IPB and vB use slightly different password hashing methods, so passwords can't be converted.

Comment

I have the same question with one other...

If I buy the softward and request help, will the install and conversion be done by someone from vBulletin with their support?

Comment

If you buy the professional installation, someone from Jelsoft will install it within a few business days (I'm not sure about how long it takes for them to get to you...I think usually 72hrs.)

Importing will need to be done by you though.
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

To be honest, its very simple to install and convert and besides entering some info into a text file, its point and click the whole way through. Just be sure to backup your db before you do anything. If you run into problems, there are dozens of people, including staff, willing to help you out just in case.
                    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Four days ago, I converted my old IPB 2.0.4 board to vB 3.0.9. It worked flawlessly, save the password issue. But I told my members in advance, so it was no big deal. The ImPex script is great, and (as far as I know) only vB has it!
                      Forums

Comment

Just another reason to use vBulletin over Invision Board:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
                        My vBulletin Forums:
                        cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

Actually, that's been proven a hoax.
                          Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Collaziano
                            Just another reason to use vBulletin over Invision Board:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
                            And the other side of the story...

Hello,

The person who wrote that article had an issue with an order here at IPS which was his own fault so decided to post a ridiculous statement.

It's really nothing to worry about, other than someone with a bee in their bonnet for no good reason

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz
                              Actually, that's been proven a hoax.
                              Even Al Capone used to think that he is a nice guy. He didn't really do anything wrong.

The person who wrote that article had an issue with an order here at IPS which was his own fault so decided to post a ridiculous statement.
                              =)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X