Packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _nick
    I just find it amusing that people here think just anyone can install a php-based application as though it's second nature.
    If you can follow the instructions to assemble a BBQ grill you can install vBulletin.
    The only difference is you will not have any left over parts with vBulletin.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
      If you can follow the instructions to assemble a BBQ grill you can install vBulletin.
      The only difference is you will not have any left over parts with vBulletin.
      Okay so you're saying that ANYONE in the world could install vB without a hitch? Not true.

I mean, take my parents for example, they wouldn't have a clue because they are not computer/net-savvy. Therefore they could not install vB. I'm sure they could assemble a BBQ grill though. Although I'm not sure what a BBQ grill has to do with this conversation.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

I am 14 years old myself and I have installed and upgraded my own vbulletin board and others several times already. Sure I know a whole lot more then my parents about my computers but like you said not everyone is tech savvy and I bet that I am sure my parents are in the same position as me in other things too.

Comment

Originally posted by _nick
          See, this is the one thing I dont like about vBulletin. You guys really should offer some kind of hosting/forum upkeep service for people who aren't too tech-savvy. Think of all the extra income involved, too.
          They used to have a hosting service but they decided to stop.

This is a support forum so members are free to ask about anything they are not sure about, why would jelsoft have to offer hosting to do that?

Also there are a lot of members with advanced knowledge that would be more than happy to help those in need.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X