Packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packages?

I am currently a customer of IPB and I have a package deal with them in includes

200Mb File Storage
    15Gb Data Transfer
    Unlimited DB Storage
    Invision Power Board
    FREE SETUP!
    20.00 bucks a month

I like it because i do not have to purchase a license does VB have anything like this package or even offer packages?

Thank you!

vB doesn't provide hosting.
    It is quite easy to install. There is an option for installation for $135.00

Pricing is at http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Mel14094
      I am currently a customer of IPB and I have a package deal with them in includes

200Mb File Storage
      15Gb Data Transfer
      Unlimited DB Storage
      Invision Power Board
      FREE SETUP!
      20.00 bucks a month

I like it because i do not have to purchase a license does VB have anything like this package or even offer packages?

Thank you!
      Installation takes all of about 5 minutes.. Depending on how fast a connection you have. The longest part of the task is uploading the files.
      Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Comment

See, this is the one thing I dont like about vBulletin. You guys really should offer some kind of hosting/forum upkeep service for people who aren't too tech-savvy. Think of all the extra income involved, too.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

vb is very easy to install and to maintain. My 15 yr old son installed it once for a buddy of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mholtum
            vb is very easy to install and to maintain. My 15 yr old son installed it once for a buddy of mine.
            Yes, it's easy if you're technical. If you're not, it can be very difficult. Just because your 15yr old son can do it, doesn't mean it's easy for everybody else.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

But you are missing my point entirely. You really dont need to be technical. All you have to do is a couple very simple edits to the config.php file, upload the files and run the script.

Yes you might make a mistake and get an error message. But that is very easy to get help with.

But whatever.

I find it better to do it yourself. You then know what is going on and arn't relying on others to keep your board up and running. There is a bit of a learning curve, but people in general seem to pick it up fairly quickly..

Comment

Well If I asked say, my grandad, to install vB, he wouldn't have a clue. So you do have to be technical to a degree. That's what I'm saying. Not just anyone can do it.

Comment

ok, fine. You win.

Comment

Originally posted by mholtum
                    ok, fine. You win.
                    LOL I'm not arguing with you, just having a friendly debate. Chill.

Comment

I am chillin..

Gotta cut me some slack. I been up all night working on my site.. Good thing I am technical.

Comment

So long as you can read english, your good to go

The instructions for installing the software are very easy to understand. When I installed mine, I had no idea what I was doing. Fortunately, the install instructions were very easy to read.

Comment

Seems a few of you have gone off track about what this guy was looking for. They don't seem to care about installing it. So how this turned into that convo is beyond me. He was looking for a hosting solution like IPB's where the board is included with the hosting, and there are no commitments or anything. You don't need to pay for a 1yr license for the board AND pay for hosting. What he's talking about is like what IPB offers where the board and hosting are all in one, where there are no comittments, no seperate costs, and is a simple and cost effective way for people to have forum only hosting, board included.

The plan he's talking about INCLUDES the board. Whereas if you were to go this route with VB, you would need to pay the yearly fee AND the cost of the host...vs. the $20 a month plan he shows that includes both...with no commitments.

No, VB does not offer such packages. You will need to spend the $85 for a yearly license AND whatever the hosting fee per month is for a cheap host. (You get what you pay for host-wise.)

Its doubtful Jelsoft will offer any such thing anytime soon.

Comment

I just find it amusing that people here think just anyone can install a php-based application as though it's second nature.

Comment

Originally posted by _nick
                              I just find it amusing that people here think just anyone can install a php-based application as though it's second nature.
                              But... it's just so simple!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X