Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    Web hosting and domain name shouldn't cost more than $75-100 per year until your forum starts having more than 60-85 visitors concurrently.

Leave a comment:

• derekivey
    replied
    You would need a web host. Lots of people here use www.site5.com and www.asmallorange.com. Just do a google search for webhosting.

Leave a comment:

• technoguy
    replied
    Originally posted by tachu
    wat ya mean "host it on your own pc"..?
    Pretty unsafe

Leave a comment:

• Ken Iovino
    replied
    I personally would not host any forum on my PC. Unless it is for testing purposes.

Leave a comment:

• tachu
    replied
    wat ya mean "host it on your own pc"..?

Leave a comment:

• Ken Iovino
    replied
    You have two options when purchasing vBulletin. Owned, and Licensed.

vBulletin (Owned License)
    The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, you will have to pay a nominal fee, currently $30, to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free email and forum support.

vBulletin (Leased License)
    The leased vBulletin Forum license allows you to use the software on your site for 1 year and gives you access to products updates for that year. After 1 year, you must renew your license or remove the software from your site.

This license includes free email and forum support.

You are paying for the script, and there great support. You would have to seek out a hosting company that fits your budgeting needs. Make sure they have the minimum requirements to run vBulletin before choosing a host.

Leave a comment:

• Bad_i_BILL
    replied
    vB is ONLY the software.

You will need webhosting unless you host it on your own pc.

Leave a comment:

• tachu
    started a topic little question bout pricing

little question bout pricing

ok i know the full license costs $160, year $80 or somethin.

so i pay $160 for the license, and how much is the vbulletin host? or do i need to find a host myself?

so how much will i end up paying when i have my forum up and running?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X