• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by Brassmonkey
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rsion+2.0.0%22

I rest my case, or something like that :P
    Pretty wild how many are 2.x beta and 2.x RC versions.

Leave a comment:

• xYarub
    replied
    It'd be nice to have an approximate release date, but it's obvious it's fairly soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Brassmonkey

Heck look at this http://www.orsweb.com/classifieds/. Now this is what I call saying it's good as is . Anyway to get back on topic hopefully gold is released soon. There are alot of things I'm planing for 3.5 .

Leave a comment:

• Brassmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by 1996 328ti
    Upgrade when you feel a need to. There are plenty of sites still running 2.x and plenty will stay with 3.0.8.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmic Trigger
    replied
    Originally posted by poolking
    I didn't think they were adding any new hooks and no one knows if there is going to be an RC3.
    well according to this, there will have to be a rc3

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...&postcount=252

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosmic Trigger
    that's not entirely true, see if you wish to hack your board, you now should definately wait for rc3, because of all the new hooks that are coming. because rc3 promises as it seems way less file editing (from hacks) then rc2.
    I didn't think they were adding any new hooks and no one knows if there is going to be an RC3.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmic Trigger
    replied
    Originally posted by cbiweb
    um, no. I never said using 3.0.8 was a bad thing. It's the latest stable release - you should be using it.

alkahf was saying not to worry about when 3.5 Gold was coming because there's no need to upgrade to 3.5. That is a bad thing.
    that's not entirely true, see if you wish to hack your board, you now should definately wait for rc3, because of all the new hooks that are coming. because rc3 promises as it seems way less file editing (from hacks) then rc2.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    One of the major design goals of vBulletin 3.5 was to provide a foundation for people to extend vBulletin without making upgrades 5- to 10-hour chores. If you have been following any of the progress of the development of vBulletin 3.5, you know that most of the popular hacks are or have been rewritten for vBulletin 3.5 to require much fewer or 0 PHP file edits.

It is also important to note that the rapid progress of Betas and Release Candidates should not be taken as an indication of how often the stable version of vBulletin will need to be updated. Betas and Release Candidates are an often weekly or semi-weekly affair run by avid testers who have the time/patience to muddle with and stress-test beta software. Anyone who has misgivings about upgrades should not run 3.5 until it's stable!

Stay tuned to vbulletin.org and watch as all those hacks which you meticulously installed and poked and prodded into vB3.0.7 get rewritten for vB3.5 and take 1/10th the time the install.

And remember, the option has always been available to you to merely install the security patches from vB3.0.3-3.0.7.
    Last edited by feldon23; Fri 12 Aug '05, 1:37pm.

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    Really simple answer...

It will be released when the developers feel it is ready and not any time sooner.

The problem with running software like this is patches come fast and quick when there is a security issue and the software never becomes stagnent and is continualy updated. How often is basicaly up to the developers again. V3.5 seems to be a major release. I am sure there are a bunch of things that are on the drawing board to be added/fixed in a supplemental release as there are already plans for v4.0 at some point. The problem is unless your a fly on the wall only the developmetn team knows what the time table for anything is.

There has to be a balance of what you feel comfortable working with and running vs when a release warrents you to upgrade. The issue becomes even more distinct when you have modified your software as to when it is worth the added work.

Leave a comment:

• Darkblade
    replied
    It will be released when its done.

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Bolton
    I bet you still drive that 1979 Ford, too, eh?
    I still use 3.0.8

More is not always better.

Or so my papa used to say!
    um, no. I never said using 3.0.8 was a bad thing. It's the latest stable release - you should be using it.

alkahf was saying not to worry about when 3.5 Gold was coming because there's no need to upgrade to 3.5. That is a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• mentalrz
    replied
    i think its due to come as rc2 is fairly good

Leave a comment:

• Cosmic Trigger
    replied
    I'm Going Crazy Right Now!

i keep checking in on an hourly basis, hoping 3.5 RC3 comes out so i can finally upgrade. now that announcement about the new hooks coming was posted, i figured i should wait for rc3 before updating my license and upgrading my forum.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I still use 3.0.8

More is not always better.

Or so my papa used to say!

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by alkahf
    I don't think that you need to upgrade to 3.5.x because version 3.0.8 is enough.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X