Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding

Hi

I am looking to purchase vbulletin, just a couple of questions first.

I notice there was an option to 'remove vbulletin branding' is this just the copyright part at the bottom of the screen? if i dont select this option i can change the header and get rid of vbulletin from the header right?

Wheres the best place (here?) to hire someone to brand my vbulletin once ive purchased?

thanks

Phillip

Originally posted by PhillipH
    Hi

I am looking to purchase vbulletin, just a couple of questions first.

I notice there was an option to 'remove vbulletin branding' is this just the copyright part at the bottom of the screen? if i dont select this option i can change the header and get rid of vbulletin from the header right?

Wheres the best place (here?) to hire someone to brand my vbulletin once ive purchased?

thanks

Phillip
    Yes, you are only required to have the text in the footer, nowhere else.

Comment

thanks. and the 2nd question?

Comment

also, can vbulletin be installed on a windows server that has php enabled and mysql ?

Comment

also, can vbulletin be installed on a windows server that has php enabled and mysql ?
          Yes
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

thanks. and the 2nd question?
            "Branding" is the Copyright notice. Nothing more. Removing it is a 5 second task from within the vBulletin control panel.

Maybe you are talking about the color scheme (adjustable in the color control panel 'Main CSS'), buttons (downloadable button sets at vBulletin.org and elsewhere on the web), and style/layout (many free styles available at vbulletin.org and elsewhere on the web)?

You can also purchase entirely new looks for your forum for $30-100 and beyond which include entirely new graphics. (google: 'vbulletin styles') And of course you can hire people to create custom graphics just for your forum. But not on this forum. That's another one of those vbulletin.org questions under solicitation.

Oh, and if you were just talking about the branding, namely the copyright notice, you may not invent a different software name. Sorry, you may not put "powered by Bananarama Forum 1.2 -- copyright Space Tourism, Inc.".
            Last edited by feldon23; Fri 12 Aug '05, 2:21pm.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
              Sorry, you may not put "powered by Bananarama Forum 1.2 -- copyright Space Tourism, Inc.".
              HEY! That's the name of my company!

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                "Branding" is the Copyright notice. Nothing more. Removing it is a 5 second task from within the vBulletin control panel.

Maybe you are talking about the color scheme (adjustable in the color control panel 'Main CSS'), buttons (downloadable button sets at vBulletin.org and elsewhere on the web), and style/layout (many free styles available at vbulletin.org and elsewhere on the web)?

You can also purchase entirely new looks for your forum for $30-100 and beyond which include entirely new graphics. (google: 'vbulletin styles') And of course you can hire people to create custom graphics just for your forum. But not on this forum. That's another one of those vbulletin.org questions under solicitation.

Oh, and if you were just talking about the branding, namely the copyright notice, you may not invent a different software name. Sorry, you may not put "powered by Bananarama Forum 1.2 -- copyright Space Tourism, Inc.".
                Uh--- you couldn't put "powered by", but you'd be allowed to put "Copyright You", would you not?

Comment

i think u got the copyright on the forum's content in anyway so that wouldn't make a difference. but u cannot say that the scripts (the forum) is under your copyright (cause you arent the author)

Comment

But you can copyright your site and put it with the vb copyright.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2005, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
                    Website, Copyright © 2005, My company

As soon as you adjusted the footer to place the copyight you have made a customization which you are allowed to copyright basicly.

As long as you have the minimal vbulletin copyright notice visable and readable on all forum pages and you are not claiming the forum software in you copyright then everything is ok!

Correct me if I,m wrong plz

Comment

No Remon, you are dead on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X