• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RattleSnake
    replied
    www.e10host.com
    www.liway.com

They're both down for the time being, but im with liway, and i do some 150 posts a month for 5 GB space - cPanel - Unlimited Everything - 125 GB Badnwith.

Leave a comment:

• Sownman
    replied
    One aspect in choosing a host seldom mentioned is do they allow SSH access ? Many shared servers do not. It is the reccomended and preferred way to do backups and moves and restores.

I am currently with routhost.com They do allow SSH and have been great for my first 2 months. 3GB storage and 80GB bandwidth for $107 year.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• JoyB
    replied
    Originally posted by JoyB
    I'm with http://www.webfusion.co.uk/ as they were recommended to me and I've got no complaints at all. They are based in the UK and they have telephone support which is great!
    The above is what I said in August 2005 but this is no longer the case and I'll be moving hosts shortly. This company have gone down hill and have not replied to any of my emails since December 2005 and my site is constantly down!

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Too bad in that forum view, there isn't an indication of the # of positive and negative responses. Maybe the ones that are 70% positive could be a different color?

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    We have a section on vBulletin Webmaster where VB Forum owners post their experiences, both good and bad, with various web hosting companies. Feel free to have a look. Everyone is encouraged to contribute as well.

See: Rate Your Web Hosting

I personally recommend ASmallOrange.com

Leave a comment:

• raidendawg9
    replied
    Been using siteground.com lately, Low prices, a gig of space (SQL server is separate, so you don't have to worry about that taking up any room), 100 gigs of bandwidth a month, and pretty reliable.

Leave a comment:

• JoyB
    replied
    I'm with http://www.webfusion.co.uk/ as they were recommended to me and I've got no complaints at all. They are based in the UK and they have telephone support which is great!

Leave a comment:

• kittykattjess
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    My best recomndation is to not jump into any single host just on the recomendations of one or two users, take a look at all the hosts presented, see what each offers, see if they have a forum for low level support. See how long it is before an anwser, contact their support desk and ask some questions. Like what versions of php and Mysql are running on the major of servers. Ask them what happens if your usage grows quickly and need to look into dedicated servers or a bigger account.
    Thanks I will, I have learned my lession well lol

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    www.positive-internet.com

Top notch. I'm with them.

Leave a comment:

• john1744
    replied
    I've been with www.site5.com for some time now. They have an excellent shared hosting package, and are very new user friendly. They also have some great deals running a lot of the time.

webhostingtalk.com is what I used to come to the conclusion to use site5.com after I saw nearly no negative feedback, the only few negative feedbacks I saw, the site5.com owner came in and personally fixed the problem. Thats big plusses in my book.

I urge you to use webhostingtalk.com for most hosting purchases, its helped me tons in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    My best recomndation is to not jump into any single host just on the recomendations of one or two users, take a look at all the hosts presented, see what each offers, see if they have a forum for low level support. See how long it is before an anwser, contact their support desk and ask some questions. Like what versions of php and Mysql are running on the major of servers. Ask them what happens if your usage grows quickly and need to look into dedicated servers or a bigger account.

Leave a comment:

• somedudeer
    replied
    I would reccomend http://alloyhosting.com

Leave a comment:

• Tantawi
    replied
    Originally posted by kittykattjess
    oppsss here you go www.streamlinenet.co.uk
    Looking at the site I think you should e-mail their support department asking if you can move hosting (files) to another company and keep the domain name with them. As it seems both are integrated in the same control panel so I don't know if they allow that or not.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• kittykattjess
    replied
    Originally posted by Tantawi
    Are you sure?

Do they provide domain name registeration as well? Do you have a control panel or so? Please check again.
    oppsss here you go www.streamlinenet.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• Tantawi
    replied
    Originally posted by kittykattjess
    Are you sure?
    Streamline is the leading provider of merchant accounts in Europe, giving businesses the ability to accept credit and debit card payments face to face, by phone or online - whatever the size of your business.
    Do they provide domain name registeration as well? Do you have a control panel or so? Please check again.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X