What Hosting site would you recommend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Hosting site would you recommend

OK i saw that someone said something small orange but when I tried it I am not sure where I ended up lol.. if anyone have that web address to a site called like that please post it.

Also as i found out that my host is S*** with capital S big time, I am wondering how I go about with the hosting part for my future VBUlletin in another host but I still have my domain name in the old host as they are not bad with just "normal" web sites.
    Is it possible to have the forum hosted in another host but still have the domain name in another one and still be connected?

I am not sure now what I am asking or if its making any point in what I am saying please bare with me and if you dont understand, just let me know and I will try again..

The full name of the hosting service you're looking for (ASO) is: A Small Orange, and you can find their site here.

I'm with them (as well as a few other customers on this site) and have vBulletin installed. Works great, and their service and prices are hard to beat.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

And yes, you can have the hosting from a company and the domain from another company, as long as the domain company allow you to set or update "DNS" or "Name Servers".

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
        The full name of the hosting service you're looking for (ASO) is: A Small Orange, and you can find their site here.

I'm with them (as well as a few other customers on this site) and have vBulletin installed. Works great, and their service and prices are hard to beat.
        Have VBulletin installed meaning that you dont have to load it up and all its already there with the account?

Comment

No, but after seeing your other thread, I was mentioning I installed it and can use it without any limitations, or bumping into any problems from what I can tell.
          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tantawi
            And yes, you can have the hosting from a company and the domain from another company, as long as the domain company allow you to set or update "DNS" or "Name Servers".
            I am not sure what you mean by allow to set or update DNS or name server? do they have to accept me having the board else where with the domain name?

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua
              No, but after seeing your other thread, I was mentioning I installed it and can use it without any limitations, or bumping into any problems from what I can tell.

Awww I see lol.. sorry thanks

Comment

I mean they will allow you to forward your domain to your board on the other company server (A small orange for example), so when visitors type your domain name, it goes automatically to the board, and both (the domain and board) aren't on the same server. Got it? If you can tell me the company that you got the domain name from, I can give you an idea of what you should exactly do.

Comment

www.streamline.co.uk is it

Comment

Originally posted by kittykattjess
                    Are you sure?
                    Streamline is the leading provider of merchant accounts in Europe, giving businesses the ability to accept credit and debit card payments face to face, by phone or online - whatever the size of your business.
                    Do they provide domain name registeration as well? Do you have a control panel or so? Please check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tantawi
                      Are you sure?

Do they provide domain name registeration as well? Do you have a control panel or so? Please check again.
                      oppsss here you go www.streamlinenet.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kittykattjess
                        oppsss here you go www.streamlinenet.co.uk
                        Looking at the site I think you should e-mail their support department asking if you can move hosting (files) to another company and keep the domain name with them. As it seems both are integrated in the same control panel so I don't know if they allow that or not.

Regards.

Comment

I would reccomend http://alloyhosting.com
                          You know you can't live without vBulletin!

Comment

My best recomndation is to not jump into any single host just on the recomendations of one or two users, take a look at all the hosts presented, see what each offers, see if they have a forum for low level support. See how long it is before an anwser, contact their support desk and ask some questions. Like what versions of php and Mysql are running on the major of servers. Ask them what happens if your usage grows quickly and need to look into dedicated servers or a bigger account.

Comment

I've been with www.site5.com for some time now. They have an excellent shared hosting package, and are very new user friendly. They also have some great deals running a lot of the time.

webhostingtalk.com is what I used to come to the conclusion to use site5.com after I saw nearly no negative feedback, the only few negative feedbacks I saw, the site5.com owner came in and personally fixed the problem. Thats big plusses in my book.

I urge you to use webhostingtalk.com for most hosting purchases, its helped me tons in the past.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X