License question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License question

Hello, I have a question regarding your license agreement. This should be clear to me, but I am still confused. Sorry.

In the post regarding multiple domains and licensing you say...

<<<<The underlying question here is, do the different links appear as separate forums? If so then multiple licenses are required.

Separating content and forum styles by using subforums and forumdisplay links within a single domain is allowed because that functionality is built-in to vBulletin.>>>>

I am building a training site with two areas, one open to the public and another open only to the students of our training program. I want a BBS that is open to the public and a BBS for the use of the students which will not be visible to the public (in both cases users will be registered).

The bulletin boards will have a different style but they will reside on the same server and domain. From your first sentence I assumed that I would need two licenses. Your second sentence confuses me. Can I separate the content of the BBS into "public" and "student" areas? The links to the bulletin board would be from differnet pages, one a public page, the other a student page.

Thanks.

I guess it depends on how you want to set it up. If the users are to register seperately on each site, you'll need two licenses. If you just want students to have access to additional forums you can do it with one license.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Use Usergroup permissions to allow students into private forums, with public forums open to all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X